Subject: [SWIPL] SWI-Prolog 4.0.6 problem on Solaris 2.6

From: Vincent Manuel Barrilliot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:49:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am using SWI 4.0.6 on Ultrasparc, Solaris 2.6
I don't use the interpreter directly, but I make requests from agents in Java using JPL 1.0.1
The agent platform I use is Jade 2.1. Everything is on network filesystems.

So far I am not doing much except making a 'consult' request.
I could test my code (in JPL) and the requests works all the time perfectly.

When I put the code in a Jade agent, then it works or not, in a pattern I can't figure out.
When it is not working, SWI complains:

KnowledgeBaseManagerconsult:Trying to load /proj/ppe/PCR/Vincent/Prototype/ProE/PART_SLOT.pl
KnowledgeBaseManagerconsult:Consultation query is: consult( /proj/ppe/PCR/Vincent/Prototype/ProE/PART_SLOT.pl )
ERROR: source_sink `'/proj/ppe/PCR/Vincent/Prototype/ProE/PART_SLOT.pl'' does not exist

But I know that the file is there !
blur:Java(817)% ll /proj/ppe/PCR/Vincent/Prototype/ProE/PART_SLOT.pl
-rw-r--r--   1 vbarr    ppe         3061 Jun  6 10:19 /proj/ppe/PCR/Vincent/Prototype/ProE/PART_SLOT.pl

So, how come SWI is not finding it sometimes ?
(yes, the network works perfectly )

Thank you for your help !

Vincent