Subject: [SWIPL] eof_action of current input stream

From: "Michael A. Covington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:20:53 -0400

OK, another question relating to CGI scripting.

I've got SWI Prolog 4.05 running as a CGI script engine under Windows 2000's
web server.  So far so good.

Now I'm trying to get input into it using the POST method (i.e., standard
input).

Windows sends it a string that does not end with an end-of-line mark.

And the eof_action for console input is eof_action(reset), so I can't detect
the end-of-file condition -- instead, SWI Prolog waits forever for more
characters to be typed.

And under Windows 2000, a script does not have permission to
open('CON',.....) the way an ordinary application does.

So... Is there a way to change the eof_action of the console that is already
open?

Many thanks,

Michael A. Covington, Associate Director
Artificial Intelligence Center / The University of Georgia / Athens, GA
30602-7415 U.S.A.
http://www.ai.uga.edu/~mc     http://www.CovingtonInnovations.com    <><