Subject: [SWIPL] SWI & JPL

From: Ross Hayward <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:35:20 +1000

Has anyone had trouble linking to libpl.a when compiling jpl?

I'm using solaris 2.7, gcc 2.95.2, pl-4.0.7,  jpl-1.0.1 and a limited
number if ideas.

gcc  -shared -o ../lib/libjpl.so jpl_fli_Prolog.o
-L/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7 -lpl -ldl
-lreadline -ltermcap -lm
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x464
/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7/libpl.a(pl-util.o)
<unknown>                           0x460
/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7/libpl.a(pl-util.o)
.....
<unknown>                           0x2888
/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7/libpl.a(pl-wic.o)
<unknown>                           0x288c
/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7/libpl.a(pl-wic.o)
<unknown>                           0x2890
/home3/hayward/lib/pl-4.0.7/runtime/sparc-solaris2.7/libpl.a(pl-wic.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../lib/libjpl.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home3/hayward/B/A/PROLOG/jpl-1.0.1/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks.
Ross