Subject: Re: [SWIPL] porting swi prolog to mac os x

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:38:03 +0200

Xander,

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Xander Schrijen wrote:
>On Wednesday, June 20, 2001, at 03:08  PM, Jacobo Myerston wrote:
>
>> I'm using swi-prolog on macosx since macosx with no problems. 
>> It builds, but the packages do not compile. I' have tried to 
>> build clib and I got this:
>>
>> ld  -o unix.so error.o process.o
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>
>I've written a  short guide on how to get foreign libraries to 
>work on SWI-Prolog on Mac OS X.  I've included building clib as 
>an example.
>
>http://www.phil.uu.nl/~xges/HOWTO/swipldynlib.html

Thanks a lot for the clear overview!  Someday I'll integrate
this in standard configure and build-tools.  I hope your willing
to test the result.  For now I've added (a link to) your page to the
Twiki web on foreign-linking issues at

http://gollem.swi.psy.uva.nl/twiki/pl/bin/view/Foreign/MacOsXForeign

>> And  xpce's  ./configure stops when it doesn't find xpm.h, but 
>> xpm.h is installed in /usr/X11R6/include/X11.
>
>I haven't build xpce, but passing --with-xpm=/usr/X11R6 to 
>configure will let it find the Xpm files.

I've got the impression it can't find X11 at all, so you'll have to
use --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include and possibly 
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib or create links to make X11
available from a more commonly known place.

	Regards --- Jan