Subject: [SWIPL] Announce: SWI-Prolog 4.0.8/XPCE 5.1.8

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:26:56 +0200

The above versions have been uploaded to the usual places.  There isn't
much new:

	* Fix to GUItracer not closing streams and therefore getting
	slow and bulky after a while.

	* Added portability to Cygwin.  Using this version you can run
	Prolog programs using the library(unix) on Windows, including
	fork/1 and exec/1 calls.  Source only.  This change has fixed
	many issues in the Makefiles to deal with non-ELF based systems.
	
	* Various fixes and additions to most of the packages. Check the
	respective ChangeLog files for details.

	* Fixed online RDF parser to include new approach parsing XML
	when the text is delivered on an atom (removal of the goal/1
	option in library(sgml)).

Request
=======

On the longer run I want to move building and installation of SWI-Prolog
and its packages to use GNU libtool and possibly automake to achieve
proper portability.  I've done some work in this direction.  If there is
someone out there with lots of experience in these areas and some time
to help me this would be much appreciated.

	Happy hacking

		--- Jan