Subject: Re: [SWIPL] OS X Woes

From: Xander Schrijen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:10:27 +0200

On Sunday, July 8, 2001, at 05:48  PM, Dan Parvaz wrote:

> Dear Prologgers,
>
> Has anyone succeeded in compiling SWI on an MacOS X box?

Take a look at

http://www.phil.uu.nl/~xges/HOWTO/swipldynlib.html

>  Everytime I run
> ./configure and make, I get a string of bizarre errors, starting with
> supposed syntax errors in the WAM that look like this:
>
> pl-wam.c:1707: illegal expression, found `&&'

This isn't really harmfull.  It's the smart preprocessor being 
too smart.  The compiler falls back on the tradiditional 
preprocessor.  The "CC='cc -traditional-cpp'" bit on my page is 
to make the compiler use the traditional preprocessor from the 
start.

Xander.