Subject: Re: [SWIPL] osx output: configure, make

From: Xander Schrijen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:10:38 +0200

On Sunday, July 8, 2001, at 07:14  PM, Jacobo Myerston wrote:

 > I'm sending here the output of the failed compilation. But I have to
 > say that I have compiled successful several times swi-prolog on my
 > box, but after upgrading somewhat, I don't know what exactly,
 > compilation was no more posible, even with source that I 
compiled before.

Your log says:

 > checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) no
 > checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
 > checking for shl_load... (cached) no
 > checking dlopen in libc... yes
 > checking for cc -c -o... yes

Mine says (same darwin version, prolog both 4.0.7 and 4.0.8)

 > checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
 > checking for dlopen... (cached) yes
 > checking for cc -c -o... yes

So configure can't find a library for the 'dl' functions, 
doesn't include one while linking (you: "-lrc -lcurses -lcurses 
-lm", me: "lrc -ldl -lreadline -lcurses -lm") and fails.  After 
installing the dlcompat stuff you should have a file libdl.a 
somewhere, guessing from your log it should be in /sw/lib.  Is 
it still there?

Xander.