Subject: Re: [SWIPL] OS X Woes

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:22:47 +0200

> > pl-wam.c:1707: illegal expression, found `&&'
> 
> This isn't really harmfull.  It's the smart preprocessor being 
> too smart.  The compiler falls back on the tradiditional 
> preprocessor.  The "CC='cc -traditional-cpp'" bit on my page is 
> to make the compiler use the traditional preprocessor from the 
> start.

What you see there is

	&&I_NOP_LBL,
	&&...

Which is refers to a GCC-extension to pick the addresses of labels in
the function.  This code should only be compiled if the system detects
GCC version 2 and decides to use label-addresses as VM codes.  As far
as I know no preprocessor should care about this.  Of course, it woes
if configure detects gcc version 2 and the actual compiler used has
different characteristics.

	--- Jan