Subject: [SWIPL] Announce SWI-Prolog 4.0.9

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:20:26 +0200

Hi,

I've just uploaded SWI-Prolog 4.0.9 to the usual places.  The reason for
this quick upgrade is twofold.

	!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
	* A conflict introduced with the Cygwin port has broken the
	Windows version 4.0.8 seriously. It runs small programs, but
	crashes with REPEATING OUT-OF STACK on more serious programs.
	!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

	Non-Win32 platforms are not affected by this!

	4.0.8 has been removed from the server.

	* A good deal of improved Quintus compatibility has been added
	to make the 3TAP theorem prover portable
	(http://i12www.ira.uka.de/~threetap):

		* Added compile/1, midstring/[3-6], date/1, subsumes_chk/2
		to library(quintus).

		* Implemented library(occurs) doing subterm-relations

		* Added library(ordsets), a (partial) layer around
		library(oset) for compatibility.  Needs completion!

		* Added library(qpforeign), an updated version of very
		old code to deal with lots of aspects of the Quintus
		foreign code interface for attaching C-functions
		handling native C-datatypes (i.e. not QP_term/term_t).

		This should make porting Quintus and SICStus code
		holding foreign code often trivial and almost always
		feasible.

	Regards --- Jan
	
P.s.	Please note that the official addresses of the SWI servers have
	changed from plain swi.psy.uva.nl to www.swi.psy.uva.nl and
	ftp.swi.psy.uva.nl. The old addresses will stop working
	somewhere in the future.  Please update your links!