Subject: Re: [SWIPL] osx output: configure, make

From: Xander Schrijen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:23:16 +0200

On Sunday, July 8, 2001, at 11:45  PM, Jacobo Myerston wrote:

>>  After installing the dlcompat stuff you should have a file 
>> libdl.a somewhere, guessing from your log it should be in 
>> /sw/lib.  Is it still there?
>
>
> Yes libdl.a is in /sw/lib. I also have made a symlink to 
> /usr/lib and nothing changes; I got the same errors. Are you 
> using HFS+ or UFS?

I'm using HFS+.

Looking over your log again:

 > acunix% LDFLAGS=-L'/sw/lib' CIFLAGS=-I'/sw/include'
 > CC='cc -traditional-cpp' ./configure
 > loading cache ./config.cache
 > checking for gcc... (cached) cc

I see that gcc is cached as 'cc' instead of 'cc 
-traditional-cpp'.  My guess is that you first ran configure 
without setting the environment variables.  Configure caches its 
results so it probably also didn't find your /sw/lib.

Remove config.cache and try again.

Xander.
PS: If it still doesn't work, perhaps we should continue 
off-list, for a general audience this might not be the most 
interesting thread to read ;-)