Subject: Re: [SWIPL] prolog syntax

From: "Richard A. O'Keefe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:54:58 +1200 (NZST)

I wrote:
	> Writing Prolog list-processing predicates is pretty obvious if you know
	> how to write list-processing functions in Lisp, so "The Simple Schemer"
	
Bijan Parsia corrected me:
	It's "The Little Schemer"; sequel: "The Seasoned Schemer" which might not 
	be as useful as it spends a fair bit of time on continuations, IIRC.
	
ARGH.  That's what happens when I don't actually bother to *check* my
bookshelf.

	The Little Scheme, fourth edition
	Daniel P. Friedman & Matthias Felleisen
	The MIT Press, 1996
	ISBN 0-262-56099-2

I don't actually _like_ the style of the book very much; the rather sad
attempts at humour may go down well in the USA, but terminal cuteness is
not my cup of fur.  That doesn't blind me to the fact that it is a *great*
introduction to the art of recursive programming in general and list
processing in particular.