Subject: Re: Compilation problem!!

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:44:34 +0200

First of all,

  (1) Please send mail as plain text
  (2) Break lines at about 72 characters

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, ÐÝôñïò ÔóÝëéïò wrote:
>Hallo to every one,
>I am Hallo to every one,  I am trying to do something simple
>(according to the documentation): create a C/SWI Prolog application.
>But when I use the plld application I receive messages like "bad
>command or filename, file not found etc".  I even tried to copy the
>manual's examples (calc) but did not worked. Here is the messages I
>receive: 

>C:\Langs\pl\BIN>plld -o calc calc.cpp calc.pl 
>Bad command or filename

This suggests your environment isn't set up to run MSVC parts from
the commandline.  You should set up your PATH, LIB and INCLUDE
environment to find the required MSVC components.  This is described
with MSVC (somewhere :-()

To help you finding the problem, add -v to the plld switches.  It
will tell you which programs it tries to run.
 
>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "calc.obj" 
>calc.pl compiled, 0.00 sec, 1,016 bytes. 
>[halt] 
>Could not open ctmp--1698953: No such file or directory 
>*** C:\LANGS\PL\BIN\PLLD.EXE exit status 1

>Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I have try almost anything! 
>My configuration: 
>SWI-Prolog 3.2.0 
>Windows 95OSR2 
>Visual C++ 5.0 

	Regards --- Jan