Subject: Re: [SWIPL] wait_for_input BUG! (fwd)

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:48:13 +0200

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Leonid V. Khramov wrote:
>Can someone reply to my bug report???????????
>Or it is completely ignored!
>
>
>
>It seems, that there is a bug in wait_for_input/3.
>Prolog make buffering of stream include tcp stream and wait_for_input
>doesn't check that memory buffers, the result is continious waiting
>even when data is ready on stream (really inside the prolog buffer)!!!
>This is a bug.

I was away for a long time, happily cycling through Australia
(Melbourne was too far and too cold Richard :-).  Anyway, I'm back
and trying to work through the mail and fix important problems.
This one looked simple and important enough to fix quickly.

Please pick the file src/pl-file.c from the CVS server, recompile and
your problem should be gone.

Thanks for the report

	--- Jan