Subject: [SWIPL] Extensions to ActiveX DLL

From: Philip Warner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:31:55 +1000

Thanks to Douglas R. Miles, I now have the source for the ActiveX DLL for
SWIPL; I would be interested in comments from anybody who has used (or
considered using) the library. 

Specifically, I want to add the ability to differentiate between atoms &
strings in input. I would also be interested in other suggestions, if any.

FWIW, there are two ways I am considering handling the atom/string input
problem: (1) crudely - allow an atom to be passed on single quotes. ie.
myAtom = "'name'" (the C-code will look for names containing single-quotes)
and (2) the hard way - implementing collection classes for the args, with
appropriate properties.

At this stage, I am favoring the crude solution, since it is simple and
does all that I need.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Philip Warner                    |     __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd.   |----/       -  \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498)          |          /(@)   ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81         |                 _________  \
Fax: (+61) 0500 83 82 82         |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|
                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/