Subject: Re: [SWIPL] Calling more than one predicate + askings to Jan

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:01:07 +0200

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Armando Stellato wrote:
>using differents send(@prolog,Predicate) (i generally use a timer to 
>coordinate them but don't think is always necessary) in XPCE can 
>generate multiple predicates that share the same beliefs.

send(@prolog, Goal) is no different then calling Goal directly. 
Multiple XPCE timer events are kindly serialized, so nothing goes
in paralel (but I think I'm failing to grasp your intend).

>I think this should answer your request.
>Strictly speaking, i'd like to use many of the XPCE facilities (this 
>one, or the broadcast library for example) if they could be embedded in 
>the prolog engine.

? broadcast.pl is part of the XPCE library, but doesn't use XPCE itself,
so you can also use it without XPCE.  XPCE just a Prolog library
assisted by a foreign library.

>My idea is that in the future we should be able to create windows, 
>handle streams and do many other things in external languages and then 
>use Prolog only as a reasoning module.
>Jan, do you think next versions of Prolog will embed these facilities??

I'm not really sure what you want.  You can embed SWI-Prolog in almost
anything you please and you can use all its libraries.

>And, speaking about external languages and java in particular, now what 
>can i do to embed prolog in it?
>I've read the documentation for the java package jpl-1.0.1, but it seems 
>is still at development level.

I don't use Java, but I understand JPL is quite useable.

	Regards --- Jan