Subject: Re: [SWIPL] module coerency problem

From: Paulo Moura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:32:44 +0100

On Terça, Outubro 2, 2001, at 01:25 , Armando Stellato wrote:

> Hi, I've a problem with modules:
> I'm building an agent environment.
> I'm making great use of modules, so to create various layers and be 
> able to work on each of them without modify the code in the substrates.
> ...

You are going to always get in trouble using modules... ;-)

Why not use objects? They are much better suited to develop agent 
systems. Take a look at:

	http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/logtalk.html

Bonus: your code will run unchanged in almost all current Prolog 
compilers with no modifications. You cannot do the same today using 
modules.

Regards,

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Informatics                   Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
University of Beira Interior          Phone: +351 275319700
6201-001 Covilhã                      Fax:   +351 275319732
Portugal

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/pmoura.html
-----------------------------------------------------------