Subject: [SWIPL] Announce: SWI-Prolog 4.0.10/XPCE 5.1.9

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:16:05 +0200

The above versions are available for download from the normal
download page:
	
	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html

Most of the changes are small bugfixes and enhancements, some of which
might be worth an update, depending on your demands and operating
system.  A brief summary:

Prolog

  * [Windows, all versions]
  The installation procedure has been changed on some details. This
  should avoid some common mistakes and *might* avoid previously
  reported errors.  Tested on Windows NT/TSE and Windows 98SE.

  * [Windows, all versions]
  Mistake emulating #! file-header (unterminated string).
  
  * [Multithreaded version]
  Many small fixes (deadlocks, memory leaking).

XPCE

  * [Windows 95/98/ME]
  Fixed long startup-time problems, introduced due to unintended network
  access. This *might* be responsible for more problems on this platform

  * All versions
  Various minor problems.  See ChangeLog for details