Subject: Re: [SWIPL] noticed one thing: is it normal that different agents use the same streams under the same host?

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:53:10 +0200

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, starred wrote:
>I've noticed that different agents starting on the same host, use 
>streams denoted by the same code, i don't know exactly how streams are 
>used by Windows, in particular i don't know if a stream code is local to 
>the thread that opened it (in this case it should not be a problem) or 
>if it is globally recognized by Windows (in this case it would generate 
>an error when two threads try to use the same stream..)
>
>Another report about my problem: i had the same problem some times ago, 
>the i changed the timer value (see prolog-code below) and it did function.
>Now i made some changes in the coordinator (it is the agent that finds 
>facilities for othr agents in the web) code, and now coordinator (and 
>only it) gives me the trapped signal 11 (general protection fault) error...

Well, it suggests there is a bug somewhere in Prolog or possibly XPCE.
The only way to find out is to recompile the system for debugging and
use a debugger.  On Windows this requires MSVC 5 or 6 and Windows
NT/2000.  If you want to go that way, please contact me.  The other
way is to send the program to me with instructions on what to do.

	Regards --- Jan