Subject: Re: [SWIPL] Q: Meta-Interpreter for Bottom-Up eval of Datalog+Neg? Tabling plans for SWI?

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:56:07 +0100

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Wolfram Conen wrote:
>Hello out there!
>
>Allow the following 3 questions. I would appreciate any answer/hint.
>
>(1) I am looking for a simple meta-interpreter implementing bottom-up
>evaluation of "pure" datalog (w/ negation)
>
>(2) Jan, do you have any plans to implement TABLING sooner or later?

Not really.  `Later' is a long time, so it is always possible that
I come accross a situation where demands and available resources
allow for the implementation of it.  Sofar I've always worked with
hand-coded tabling in situations where I thought it to be useful.
Didn't I see the announcement of a preprocessing based implementation
recently?

>(3) Would it be straightforward to port the SGML/RDF parser to XSB
>(libwww, brrr... ;) or would that require much effort?

I've had this request (for Eclipse though) a couple of weeks ago as
well.  The big thing is to get an XML parser that emits code like the
SWI-Prolog one.   For this particular problem the guy decided to use
the SWI-Prolog RDF parser and load the triples into Eclipse ...

Best option is to write a layer emulating the SWI-Prolog foreign
interface in XSB.  No clue whether this is possible.

	Regards --- Jan