Subject: Re: [SWIPL] [BUG] rdf_db declares bad rdfs namespace

From: Bijan Parsia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:55:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Jan Wielemaker wrote:

[snip]
> Code on the twiki web should be seen as examples, not maintained
> libraries.

Sure....uhm...does that mean you don't want us to dicuss them here?

Should I avoid pointing to them from articles?

I'm working on a new XML.com article about SWI-Prolog and RDF, called
"Expert System Backed Websites" (if anyone has a project that they'd like
pointed to or highlighted in this article, please drop me a note!). Plan
is to treat RSS1.0 + RDFS as a language for describing semantic networks.
I'm not clear that rdfs.pl is actually going to be useful for this, though
a modified version might be. (I still haven't gotten rdf_instance to
recognize instances of subclasses.)

I note that the cache doesn't refresh if you add a class or subclass via
rdf_assert, nor does it recognize that (just about) everything should be a
member of rdfs:Resource. (All this is ok, this is just sample code, I
know!)

Er...I'm wandering :)

>  So you can copy and modify it to suit your needs.  If
> improve on it, send your patches to the developer or attach a new
> file.

Will do.

> 	Regards --- Jan
> 
> P.s.	I've uploaded new versions of rdf_db.pl and rdfs.pl and added
> 	a topic on validation with attached rdf_validate.pl.  Latter
> 	is really just an example, containing various hacks to deal
> 	with ongoing project constraints and bad habbits.

Thanks! This is interesting. I'm not sure how to interpret the
results. rdf_validate(rdfs:'Class'). gives an ERROR: Resource rdfs:'Class'
has no rdf:type property (this is with the rdfs.rdfs schema loaded).

Now that I've remembered my Twiki password, I guess I'll take it to the
Twiki :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.