Subject: [SWIPL] PL_*_pointer

From: Sebastian John <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:11:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi

Im impressed of your prolog and I want to use it in my research.
Although Im not experienced in all details of SWI prolog Im going to
use the foreign code interface to fasten the computation. But there
are several problems.

To simplify my problem is: going throu a set of arbitrary elements
without a need of exploring the internal structure. The only thing is
to compare the elements of identity. I feel the PL_get_pointer
procedure would the shortest and fastest possibility to return me
unique val's of such a list. But unfortunately it fails and assigns -1
to ptr. I don't really know what this procedure dose due to the lag of
any description. 

Dose anyone know more ... or has a running sample using the
PL_get_pointer procedure ?

Best

  Sebastian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sebastian John,                    http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sebc,
				        email: [email-masked],
                                          Tel:      +4930-314-24189,
TU-Berlin                                 Fax:      +4930-314-23516.