Subject: [SWIPL] error: failed dependencies: libreadline.so.4 is needed

From: Paulo Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:33:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to install SWI 4.0.10 in a RedHat 7.0 and I keep getting the
error message:

error: failed dependencies:
        libreadline.so.4 is needed by pl-4.0.10-63 

I've installed the newest realine rpms many times, I've analysed the
symbolic links (they're OK) and it still doen't work. Could anyone give
me a hint about how to solve it?

Sorry for coming up with an already discussed problem. But I couldn't
solve it from the explanation given before. Anyother suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo

-- 
Paulo E. Santos (Ph.D. student)
http://www.iis.ee.ic.ac.uk/~p.santos
Intelligent and Interactive Systems
Imperial College. University of London