Subject: [SWIPL] Ann: SWI-Prolog 4.0.11/XPCE 5.1.10

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:40:13 +0100

Hi,

I've uploaded the above versions to its normal location at

	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html

Mostly it concerns small bugfixes, portability issues and minor
enhancements.  The most important patch deals with recovery from
a stack-overflow, which could leave the system in unstable state.

Below is a summary of the changes.  See ChangeLog for details.
Thanks for your reports and patches!

	Enjoy --- Jan

################################################################
SWI-Prolog 4.0.11
=================

  * BUGS FIXED
     + Exception-handling with findall/3, setof/3, and bagof/3.
     + Improved syntax checking (passed errornous term)
     + Writef('\\X') where X is not a digit
     + Crash in concat_atom/2 on bad instantiation
     + Out-of-stack handling (could leave system unstable)
     + Handling really big terms in recorded database

  * PORTABILITY
     + Many patches for notably BSD systems to get the packages
       compiled.

  * ADDED
     + fnctl() based locks on files (see open/4)
      
  * BEAUTY
     + Many contributed patches to the manual
     + Better (error) messages.

XPCE 5.0.10
===========

  * BUGS FIXED
     + Load .ICO files (windows)
     + Remove size limits on ->format (could crash the system)

  * PORTABILITY
     + Many patches for notably BSD systems to get the packages
       compiled.

  * ADDED
     + Delay opening X11 display to first graphics operation, so
       you can use the non-graphics things without X11 (Unix).
       Unfortunately you still can't use XPCE sockets without
       access to the X11 display.