Subject: Re: SWI-Prolog, strange RDF-Parser errors

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:18:55 +0100

> I have tried to work with the SWI-Prolog RDF parser, but get strange
> errors
> when I try to run the test suites, as show below. Do you have any idea
> what is going on here? I am running pl on a Solaris 7 machine, built
> without the readline library and XPCE.

<snip>

> 2 ?- suite(1).

<snip>

> ERROR: RDF: Failed to interpret "
>   "
> ERROR: RDF: Failed to interpret
> "<{http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#}Description
> {http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#}about="http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila">
>      <{http://description.org/schema/}Creator>Ora Lassila
>   "
> ERROR: RDF: Failed to interpret "
> "

This error was caused by a change in the XML parser's white-space handling
after an error pointed out by Richard O'Keefe.  I've corrected this (using
`sgml' space-handling when parsing an RDF document) and uploaded the new
versions.  The online parser was affected by this too and now functions
normally.

Uploaded patched versions on sources, Windows binary and Linux RPM to the
download page.

	Thanks --- Jan