Subject: Re: Not able to use multithreading features of prolog

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:14:57 +0100

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
>Hi Jan,
>
>I tried the same procedure as specified by you. And the pl-mt was also built
>successfully.
>But, when I run the same, it gives me the following error.
>
>=======================================================
>gagan:mfamir-/user/mfamir/SWIProlog/Prolog-4.0.11/multi>bin
>[FATAL ERROR:
>        Could not find system resources]
>gagan:mfamir-/user/mfamir/SWIProlog/Prolog-4.0.11/multi>
>========================================================
>
>Of course, "bin" above is the link to the "pl-mt" binary. I also tried running
>the binary
>directly but of no avail.
>Also tried after making the packages with same error.

If you did specify a --prefix= option to configure, did you give the
same value for both the single-threading and multi-treading configure
run?  pl-mt and pl should be installed in the same binary directory.

If this doesn't resolve it, send the *exact* commands you gave to
build and install the system and check that the following holds in
the installation directory structure:

..../lib/pl-4.0.11 contains
	./boot32.prc (these are the system resources it is looking for)
	bin/<arch>/pl
	bin/<arch>/pl-mt
	bin/swipl (a little file containing the text "..")

	--- Jan