Subject: Re: [SWIPL] StrongARM Install Problem

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:21:09 +0100

> I'm attempting to compile SWI Prolog on a StrongARM processor.  I used the
> following commands to
> configure and build from the source:

<snip>

> Loading boot file ...
> Loading Prolog startup files
> pl: pl-rec.c:848: copyRecordToGlobal: Assertion `b.gstore ==
> ((&PL_local_data)->stacks.global.top)' failed.
> gmake[1]: *** [pl.prc] Aborted
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/disk/pl-4.0.11/src'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

<snip>

This problem has been signalled before by Michael Piefel (Debian
maintainer).  I'm in the (rather slow) process to acquire a login on
such a machine.  My working assumption is something going wrong
storing and retrieving floats, but tracking it down online is a lot
easier than making assumptions and having them tested by someone else.

If you can provide me easily with access to your machine (and the
internet connection is sufficient for simple interactive work) you can
help speeding up the problem.

It could also help to put a call to pl_write(t), pl_nl() at the
start of the recording function to see what term exactly is causing
the trouble.

	Cheers --- Jan