Subject: [SWIPL] Happy NY and bugfix in new call/1

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:35:21 +0100

Hi,

First of all I'd like to wish you a year of nice, happy hacking together
with all other good things that can happen.  Thanks for all the
bug-reports and patches over 2001.  For myself, I've expienced a lot of
good feedback, bug-reports and patches on the integrated SWI-Prolog
4.0.x environment, providing me with many new ideas.

Thanks for those that tested the new call/1 implementation on the CVS
version.  Lourens van der Meij was the first (and sofar only) to find
a bug, which has been fixed in the updated CVS version.  Please update
and re-compile.

In addition, a little X-mas holliday hacking has added
call_cleanup/[2,3]; a predicate that allows for guaranteed cleanup of
global actions such as open streams, database handles, etc. found
in a number of Prolog systems.  call_cleanup/3 is an extension thereof,
operating in the same style as catch/3.

	Regards --- Jan

P.s.	During most the X-mas holiday, parts of the web-server served by
	`gollem' (Twiki web and mailing list archiving) as well as
	E-mail to me did not function.  All runs normal again.