Subject: [SWIPL] Ann: SWI-Prolog for Mac OS X

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:37:18 +0100

Hi,

I've been spending a couple of days cleaning up the port to MacOS X
(Darwin).  It appears the whole lot, including the default foreign
packages (yip, also XPCE with sockets and inferior processes) are now
running fine.  Thanks to Xander Schrijen for his work, especially
getting the foreign language interface to work and Bert Bredeweg for
providing me access to his Mac.

This version is (in source form) available from the CVS repository.  A
description of the installation is in

	http://gollem.swi.psy.uva.nl/twiki/pl/bin/view/Porting/MacOSX

Paulo Moura has volunteered to have a look at creating a decent binary
package.  If he succeeds we hope the Mac will become a properly
supported operating system.

People in a hurry, or prefering to work from the source code are asked
to try the CVS source and use the above description (feel free to edit
this page; I know little about Macs except that they look cool!).

	Cheers --- Jan