Subject: Re: Latest beta

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:44:43 +0100

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Stefano De Giorgi wrote:
>Hi!
>
>with last 3.3.0 beta (on win nt 40 ws it)
>
>- the installation exit with successfull message but in the prolog windows i
>could see the error:
>      ERROR: d:/programmi/pl/library/wise.pl:80:Syntax error: Operator
>expected.

Thanks, that is fixed now.

>- Prolog source files doesn't have the swi-pl icon.

Might be caused by the above (I hope :-).

>- executing a program of mine, I get the following errors (not present with
>the previous beta, nor with r.3.2.8 ) :
>
>       ERROR: d:/programmi/pl/library/quintus.pl:222: Syntax error: Operator
>priority clash

That is a bit odd.   I can't see any syntax error in there.   Any
operators you define yourself in the user module that might cause this?
Maybe you didn't have the problem before as stream_position/3 and
current_stream/3 have been moved from the kernel to the Quintus
compatibility library (the kernel now defines set_stream_position/2
and stream_property/2 as ISO compliant predicates doing more or less
the same).

>       ERROR: (d:/programmi/pl/library/quintus.pl:242):
>                      Exported procedure quintus:current_stream/3 is not

That is caused by the above.

	Regards --- Jan