Subject: Re: Some differences with the previous version

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:17:27 +0100

> I tested the final release and it prints ERROR messages while loading
> singletons. It used to be warnings. Is there a way to correct it?

I see.  In general when the old system said `warning', it meant error,
but this is a real warning.  That will be fixed.

> In addition, when lists have a length of more than 10 items, the rest is
> displayed by ... after the 10th element. Again, is there a way to print the
> whole list.

:- set_prolog_flag(toplevel_print_options,
		   [ quoted(true),
		     portray(true)
		   ]).

Please note the 'w' and 'p' responses in the toplevel and debugger to
switch between pure writing and the default.

> Finally, the 'not' operator has been removed. I know it's not a part of the
> standard, but many programs still contain it.

The predicate is still there, only it is no operator.  If you have old
code, just stick

:- op(900, fy, not).

in your loadfile. Note that operators are local to modules now, but
operators defined in user apply as default to all modules.

	Regards --- Jan