Subject: ANN: SWI-prolog 3.3.3

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:58:12 +0100

Hi,

I've uploaded SWI-Prolog 3.3.3. Only minor patches and issues. Most
important is support to allow using a different filename extension
on Windows (the installation script prompts for an extension).  This
comes with a new (simple) primitive to query registry values from Prolog
(win_registry_get_value/3), so we can store the extension of preference
in the registry.

There was also a quite nasty bug in PL_unify_term(), introduced with
the new implemention of this C-interface function in 3.3.1.  Only
applicable to people using this function in their foreign code (this
is *not* the generic Unify, which is implemented by PL_unify() :-).

	Regards --- Jan

P.s.	For CVS users: from now on all releases are tagged using
	V<Major>_<Minor>_<Patch>.  So to get 3.3.3 instead of my latest
	hacks do 'cvs update -A -r V3_3_3'.  Please correct me if I'm
	wrong. Sofar CVS has just been an organised alternative to
	zillions of copies to me.