Subject: Re: SWI-Prolog 3.3.6 atoms containing nulls not preserved in savestates

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:54:06 +0200

On Thu, 11 May 2000, you wrote:
>Jan Wielemaker wrote:
>> 
>> On Wed, 10 May 2000, you wrote:
>> >Hi Jan
>> >
>> >My save states don't seem to be preserving atoms containing nulls:
>> 
>> Patch is on the CVS server (pl-wic.c).
>
>Thanks for that Jan, but now I am confused.  Do I have to recompile
>something?  Or will you be updating the Windows binary at some point
>(the version on the web download page
>http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html seems to be
>unchanged).

If you want to stay really in touch with the latest version you need to
install from the sources.  If you have MSVC 5.0 or 6.0 this is easy.

The best is to install CVS on your system and follow the guidelines for
anonymous CVS download.  Get the stuff, open the project and build
plwin.exe (and/or plcon.exe).  Thats all.

Patches are generally immediately uploaded to the CVS repository.  Only
every now-and-then I make a complete release.  Often after a serious
bug has been found, there is a lot of new functionality or just a lot
of minor issues.

If people are really stuck on a small bug I sometimes make binaries that
are placed temporary in the BETA directory of the FTP server.

	Regards --- Jan