Subject: Re: making dynamic procedures static

From: Paulo Moura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:36:41 +0100

on 16.08.00 14:20, Paul Singleton at [email-masked] wrote:

> Is there any way to:
> 
> make a dynamic procedure static?
> 
> create a static procedure with no clauses?

You should be able to create a static predicate with no clauses by using
(for example) the discontiguous/1 directive. For instance, if you a consult
a Prolog source file contain only the following line of code:

    :- discontiguous(foo/1).

Then foo/1 will be static and have no cluases.

Regards,

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Mathematics and Informatics   Office 4.32 Ext. 3251
University of Beira Interior          Phone: +351 275319700
6201-001 Covilhã                      Fax:   +351 275319732
Portugal

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/pmoura.html
-----------------------------------------------------------