Subject: Logtalk 2.7.0 now available

From: Paulo Moura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:54:04 +0100

Hi!

Logtalk 2.7.0 now available for download from the Logtalk web site:

    http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/logtalk.html

The two major changes in this release are the first version of a Logtalk
standard library and support for compiler options in extended versions of
the logtalk_compile/1 and logtalk_load/1 predicates.

The standard library currently contains objects, categories and protocols
implementing lists, difference lists, queues, dictionaries, random numbers,
common metapredicates, event handling predicates, and object hierarchy
related predicates. All examples have been updated to use library.

The extended versions of the logtalk_compile/1 and logtalk_load/1 predicates
-- logtalk_compile/2 and logtalk_load/2 -- enable control over the
generation of documenting XML files and compiler warnings reports. Default
compiler options are now set in the configuration files and are used
whenever you use the logtalk_compile/1 and logtalk_load/1 predicates.

From the release notes:

    First release of the Logtalk standard library of objects, protocols
    and categories.

    Rewritten all examples to use the new Logtalk standard library.

    New logtalk_load/2 and logtalk_compile/2 Logtalk built-in predicates,
    accepting a list of compiler options. See the User and Reference
    Manuals for details.

    New XSLT file for viewing .xml files in Microsoft Internet Explorer
    5.5 for Windows after installing the latest Microsoft XML Parser
    Preview Release. Small improvements in all XSLT files.

    Starting with this version all config files need to provide a definition
    for the compare/3 predicate if it is not built-in in the corresponding
    Prolog compiler. Also, default Logtalk compiler options are now also set
    in the config files using the lgt_default_compiler_option/2 predicate.

    Updated config file for CIAO 1.6p1. See the configs/NOTES file for
    details.

Happy logtalking!

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Mathematics and Informatics   Office 4.32 Ext. 3251
University of Beira Interior          Phone: +351 275319700
6201-001 Covilhã                      Fax:   +351 275319732
Portugal

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/pmoura.html
-----------------------------------------------------------