Subject: SWI-Prolog 3.3.10 & XPCE 5.0.8 available

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:43:38 +0200

Hi,

I've uploaded SWI-Prolog 3.3.10 and XPCE 5.0.8 to the usual places:

	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html
	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/xpce/download.html

SWI-Prolog contains various very important fixes.

	* The most serious is a GC error introduced in 3.3.6 affecting
	garbage collections while choicepoints resulting from ;/2 etc.
	are active.  With thanks to Gertjan van Noord for reporting
	and providing access to their Alpha machine (though the bug
	affects all platforms).

	* The second is another GC bug affecting code using setarg/3
	after the affected term becomes garbage.

	* Exceptions while debug-mode is active could destroy the
	choicepoint structure, causing a crash.  Thanks to Lourens
	van der Meij.

	* Recovery after exceptions during compilation was sometimes
	failing.

	* Some minor bugfixes.

XPCE is mainly a bigfix release and to end confusion about the version
numbers of the various 5.0.7 releases.  Some highlights:

	* Fixed clicking popup-windows that don't fit on the screen to
	stay up properly.  Also fixed pull-right on multi-column popup.

	* Allow for shaped icons on frames (X11 version).  Looks nice
	on window managers supporting this, such as sawmill.

	* Support loading transparent GIF images

	* Handling hotspot information in XPM images on Windows

	* Fixed a windows timer problem

	* More minor bugfixes.

	Happy hacking
		
		--- Jan