Subject: work with ID3

From: Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:28:45 +0200

Hello,
I used the id3 algorithm to get a output tree in the form of e.g.
tree(legs,
    [2+man,
     3+[],
     4+t(food,
                [meat+lion,
                 vegetables+giraffe])])

which means in my case that if the input is 2 legs output should be
"man", if 3 legs output -> [] and if 4 legs it also must be clear if
input is meat or vegetables. First cast it's alion second a giraffe.

The id3 works perfect and I get the tree but my problem is how can I
come to the ouput (e.g."man").
I can write in the code clauses e.g.: output(2,_,man), output(2,_,[]),
output(4,meat,lion), output(4,vegetables,giraffe) -> this clauses do
exactly that what I want but it should be dynamically so that I don't
have to hardcode the clauses in the code!

thanks a lot for any suggestion...
Oliver