Subject: Picking receptacles you wear

From: [email-masked] (Peter Smith)
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 13:39:42 GMT

I have checked with my local gardener's supply centres, and I'm unable
to find any sort of picking receptacle that one can wear when picking
large quantities of fruit and vegetables (eg:  peas, summers squash,
beans, ...).  It can be a pain to drag a receptacle around with you, I
find, and I want to be able to pick *large* quantities a bit more
efficiently.

I expect that orchard supply stores would have "picking aprons" etc.
But, I can't find anyone who supplies that sort of item around here.
Any mail order supply companies or ideas out there?

Thanks in advance!

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 16:26:40 EDT

How about having somebody make you an apron-type affair
with big pockets?* Or look into grooming aprons,
etc. (pet/livestock supply) with various pockets?

*having something supported by your shoulders
would probably be better than around your waist,
for comfort.