Subject: Alternative livestock without risk or capitol

From: [email-masked] (John Harris)
Date: 6 May 1994 02:01:52 GMT

Alternative livestock with almost no investment.

How can you get investors to risk the kind of money it takes to get into
Alternative livestock which can cost from $500 to $5000 each.  In my case
I wanted to get into Cashmere goats that cost $3000 for a bred doe and
$2500 for a registered billy.  I talked to several of my friends at work
who live in town.  They were interested in two things.  First they wanted
an investment that looked like a money maker and if the animal dies they
would'nt be out their original investment.  The second and equally
important aspect was that they wanted secretly to be a part of the country
living but were stuck in town for various reasons.  They were also not
interested in being tied down with chores and animal responsibilities. 
Here is how I solved the problems.  They invest the $3000 for a bred doe
which they own in joint venture (not in partner ship) there are tax
reasons for this.  They own the animal and can depreciate it on their
taxis as breeding stock.  I purchased the males or (billies) in this case
and that was the extent of my original investment.  You only need one male
for multiple females in most species.  I do all the work they put up the
money.  I found an insurance company that has specialized in insuring
livestock and exotic animals since 1892.  The cost is 5% of the value of
the animal per year.  I wrote up a contract spelling out each party's
rights and responsibilities.
Their only responsibility was to invest the money for however many does
they wanted.  My responsibility was to do all the work like feeding,
sheltering, vet expenses, and any and all expenses incurred in the daily
operations, and one more thing I pay the 5% insurance cost each year to
protect their investment.  We split all profit from selling Cashmere,
seamen, breeding stock or anything else 50-50.
I got the livestock I wanted without the horrendous money outlay they get
50% of all the profit, a place in the country they can come and bring
their children, grand children, neises, and nephews and most importantly
themselves.  We never lack for company.  
This can work two ways.  If you are a city type and long for a touch of
the country you can advertise in your local news paper.  There are lots of
caring and friendly country folks who would like to try alternative
livestock but don't have the money to finance it.
If you are the country type with a small acreage and some shelter you can
advertise or contact your friends and get started in the venture of your
dreams.
If you would like information detailing how to do this as well as contract
examples contact:

--

  ####    ####     ##     #####   ####
 #    #  #    #   #  #      #    #
 #       #    #  #    #     #     ####
 #  ###  #    #  ######     #         #
 #    #  #    #  #    #     #    #    #
  ####    ####   #    #     #     ####

Nebraska Western Cashmere
John Harris  [email-masked]
90417 County Road #17
Mitchell Ne 69357   Voice:  (308) 635-1579 fax: (308) 635-6100
_______________________________________________________________