Subject: Re: FAQ? What to look for in a dehydrator

From: [email-masked] (Paul Havemann)
Date: 8 Dec 94 12:35:06 EDT

[email-masked] (Anita Easton) sez:
> 
> I couldn't find this in the FAQ, tho I seem to remember a dscussion
> about dehydrators just after this group was created, so I guess this a
> FAQish non-FAQ :)
> 
> I'm planning to buy a dehydrator in the next few months, an I was
> wondering what are the important things to look for? Obviously the
> total area of tray space ois going to be important, but so will the
> strength of the heater, and the room for free air circulation, along
> with other things I haven't thought of :)
> 
> Can anyone give me any pointers on what is/isn't important in a
> dehydrator? And perhaps which ones people have chosen to use and why?

The person to ask is Anne Louise Gockel <[email-masked]>, who did a
lot of research on dehydrators and other types of food drying; there was
a long discussion about 18 months ago in one 'a these newsgroups. She
knows as much as anyone I've met about dehydrators.  If you can't get in
touch with her, let me know; I _think_ I've got that thread archived. 
(Best to alert me via email, as the holidays don't allow time for
Usenetting...)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Paul Havemann   ([email-masked])