Subject: Re: Medieval Recipes

From: [email-masked] (Dttara)
Date: 22 Jun 1995 23:06:40 GMT

Try finding a copy of:

                    Cosman, Madeleine Pelner.  Fabulous Feasts:  
                        Medieval Cookery and Ceremony.  George
                        Braziller, Inc., NY, 1976.  224p.  
                        ISBN:  0-8076-0832-7.

It has recipes and a great deal of information about how the food was
used and served.  It also has a large bibliography.

Dttara

---

From: [email-masked] (Par Leijonhufvud labtek)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 15:04:12 GMT

Don´t forget Maggie Blacks "The Medieval Cookbook"; orignial recipies 
included, some discussion on the history of the the recipies, and some 
nice pictures. perhaps not the book with the highest number of 
recipies/pages ration, but nice for a starter. Also there is Cariadocs 
Miscellany out on the net; a *very* good (seconday) source for recipies. 
Anyone remember the location?

/P{r

-- 
Name:   Paer K.G. Leijonhufvud          Oh, *practice*. I don't mind 
Email:  [email-masked]   *practising*. So long as we
Voice:  +46-(0)8-758 8459 (home)        don't have to do it for real.
usps://Sweden/18331/T{by/N{sbydalsv{gen.8/P{r.Leijonhufvud