Subject: FYI: Sources

From: [email-masked] (M Zoe Holbrooks)
Date: 1 Dec 1994 01:24:13 GMT

Tom Jaine at Prospect Books in England has recently sent me his current
catalogue.  Prices are listed in pounds sterling ("L--.--). Included are:

The Life of Luxury - Europe's Oldest Cookery Book, by Archestratus
(trans/etc by John Wilkins and Shaun Hill; ISBN 0 907325 53X L7.99)

"First Catch Your Hare ..." The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy (1747)
by Hannah Glasse (ISBN 0 907325 58 0 L22.50)

The Accomplisht Cook (1660) by Robert May (ISBN 0 907325 54 8 L27.50)

and several more really interesting works.  You can write to him at:

Prospect Books
Allaleigh House
Blackawton
Totnes
Devon TQ9 7DL

Petits Propos Culinaires is a tri-yearly journal of culinary history and
curiosities.  It is available from 

Alan & Jane Davidson
45 Lamont Road
London SW10 OHU
UK

It is a wonderful source of information, references, reviews of upcoming
publications, etc.  If memory serves, it is $23.50US/year, $45US/two
years, and back issues $7.95US each.