Subject: Re: Medieval Recipes???

From: [email-masked] (Alia Atlas)
Date: 19 Jun 1995 19:57:25 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (FINGER  
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!) writes:
> Bassman ([email-masked]) wrote:
> : Does anyone know of any medieval recipes (English)? Or at least where  
I could find such recipes?
> : Please email me with any info. Thanks for your time. 
> 
> Hmmmm same here.  Would anyone have any titles for books on medieval  
cooking?
> Any time period, any country really, although I'd imagine that medieval
> food from several countries over several periods would be the best.

My translation of _Das buch von guter spise_ is available on the Web,  
along with some of my redactions.  This is a German cookbook from the  
1340s.

The URL is http://www.mit.edu:8001//people/akatlas/Buch/buch.html.

Alia Atlas
[email-masked]