Subject: Re: Fresh Cheese

From: [email-masked] (Par Leijonhufvud labtek)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 17:09:39 GMT

You can make a fresh cheese by filtering sour cream, youghurt, or 
somesuch throught a thin cloth bag overnight. My favorite is to the add 
*lots* of garlic and let stand in the refridgerator for a few days.

/P{r
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:   Paer K.G. Leijonhufvud          Oh, *practice*. I don't mind 
Email:  [email-masked]   *practising*. So long as we
Voice:  +46-(0)8-758 8459               don't have to do it for real...

---

From: Philip Hurvitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 22:53:28 -0800

Another used to make fresh mascarpone by heating cream and coagulating 
with tartaric acid.  Yogurt cheese: simply hang yogurt in a cheesecloth 
until it becomes more dense.  Then there's Mexican chongos, which are 
sweet rennet cheeses, and the queen of fresh cheese, Indian paneer, which 
you should be able to find in any reasonable Indian cookbook or in the 
freezer of your local little Punjab.

-P.

---

From: [email-masked] (Schitz)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 14:03:51 GMT

Par Leijonhufvud labtek ([email-masked]) wrote:
: You can make a fresh cheese by filtering sour cream, youghurt, or 
: somesuch throught a thin cloth bag overnight. My favorite is to the add 
: *lots* of garlic and let stand in the refridgerator for a few days.

: /P{r
: -- 
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
: Name:   Paer K.G. Leijonhufvud          Oh, *practice*. I don't mind 
: Email:  [email-masked]   *practising*. So long as we
: Voice:  +46-(0)8-758 8459               don't have to do it for real...

Could you give a bit more step by step instructions. It sounds 
interesting but I have not had any experience in this matter.

Schitz