Subject: Off-topic postings

From: [email-masked] (Nick Maclaren)
Date: 19 Jan 1995 00:01:16 GMT

There have been rather a large number of off-topic postings in this
groups recently - please could people try to keep them down?  Simple
requests for recipes or local eating habits would probably be better
in one of the other rec.food groups.

Nick Maclaren,
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory,
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England.
Email:  [email-masked]
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679

---

From: [email-masked] (BEERMAG)
Date: 30 Jan 1995 00:30:27 -0500

Hello, I'm Fred Dodsworth
>I'm starting a new magazine called Juice covering eating and drinking and
screwing around for a younger, "more fun than bucks" audience.
>I'm interested in:
---historic and ethnic foods 
---food and beverage book reviews
---interviews with noteworthy folks about eating and drinking and screwing
around

>I'm looking for writers, artists and photographers who would like to
contribute.
>The mag is glossy, arty, oversized and four color.
>The pay is low to start (ten cents a word) but should increase to market
rate (one to two bucks a word) as we become more successful and publish
more copies and more issues.
>If you are interested in contributing pls contact me or send your
material to:
(snailmail): JUiCE, PO Box 9068, Berkeley, CA 94709
(e-mail): [email-masked]
(fone): 510-548-0697 in the USA
(fax): 510-548-4414 in the USA

If you would like to see my work, the last mag I edited and art directed
is called Beer, the magazine and is available at most Barnes & Nobles,
B.Dalton, Crown, Borders, Tower Bookstores across the US. 
Look the mag over but please don't buy a copy as the publisher is a dead
beat bum who is notorious for not paying his bills.