Subject: Bulgar wheat?

From: [email-masked] (Jerry Griffies)
Date: 18 Jan 1995 13:49:24 GMT

What can I do with Bulgar wheat besides make Tabuhli?Have some I need
to use.

Jerry Griffies

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Jan 95 20:47:12 -0600

> What can I do with Bulgar wheat besides make Tabuhli?Have some I need

Ah... all sorts of good things... use it in any sort of pilaf recipe,
for instance.  

For class today (an introduction to economic botany), I wanted to make
something with two of the oldest domesticated grains, and chose to use
bulgar for the wheat.

1 c bulgar wheat
2.25 c water
about a tbsp. of worcestershire sauce
a small onion, chopped
about 1 c chopped celery
salt to taste

Combine all and bake at 350oF for about an hour.  Or bring all to a boil
in a covered saucepan, turn off heat, and let stand for about 30 min.
Good hot or cold.

Kay Klier   [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (D'SOUZA MARK J)
Date: 19 Jan 1995 19:33:03 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>What can I do with Bulgar wheat besides make Tabuhli?Have some I need
    I have bulgar for breakfast! 

No cooking needed- just soak 1/4 cup(maybe less) in milk overnight in the
refridgerator, microwave till hot. Add sugar/ honey/ fruits...whatever.
    
Makes a great hearty breakfast, gives your jaw a good workout too.
                
        Mark.