Subject: Result of Medieval Recipe

From: [email-masked] (Mike Zdancewicz)
Date: 26 Jan 1995 02:46:35 GMT

Thanks to everyone for the tremendous response to the medieval recipe 
request for my 6th grade daughter. I wasn't sure if I was in the right 
place to ask such a question, but it has become quite obvious that this 
was a great place. This was my first productive Internet search, and it 
was very successful.

My daughter made the Leach recipe (the weird milk jello). She said all 
the kids tried it, and nobody liked it. She said it was real sweet and 
cherry tasting - I would have thought kids would have loved that. Shows 
what I know about kids, I guess.

She also made something called Scotch Eggs that her dance instructor 
found for her. It was made by putting about a 1 inch thick layer of 
sausage around a hard boiled egg and deep frying it. She said all the 
kids loved that and ate it all up.

One other kid made something like extremely sweet French toast that 
nobody liked. Another kid brought in some apple cider and tried to pass 
it off as medieval wine or something.

My daughter was the coolest kid in the class with genuine recipes 
(certainly not available at McDonalds). She gets her grade later this 
week - sounds to me like it should be an A!

I also wondered about the availability of Knox gelatin..and I saw the 
messages posted about that. Sounded believable. This Internet thing is 
great.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks a bunch.