Subject: Ancient Egyptian food(s)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:03:42

Does anyone have recipes for any ancient Egyptian food?
The sixth graders (at my feeder school) are currently studying Ancient Egypt 
and the teacher is interested in possibly trying some 'real food' 
experiences.  (That and the fact that my 6th grade sone in one of the 
classes thinks that extra credit might be nice!)

Thanks for your help.

Paula Zsiray
Mountain Crest High School

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Stuart)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:13:52 GMT

> classes thinks that extra credit might be nice!)

	I'm currently doing a project on that very topic, and i can give
you some recipies. 
	Which kingdom are you looking to get recipies on? "Ancient" egypt
covers roughly 6000 years of history. The old kingdom was very basic
foods, such as roast quail, simple no-yeast breads, and other stuff like
that. 
	Beer was very very popular in ancient egypt. It's hard to say
whether yeast was first used to make beer or bread. That's a very
debateable topic. 

	Anyways, i can give you some meal plans and stuff if you want.

--
"When once creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world,
and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's
blood, one's life, one's intellegence, and one's reason, without ever
satisfying them."	-Eliphas Levi