Subject: Hakka Rock Salt Chick 2/2

From: [email-masked] (Molly Lee)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 08:22:00 GMT

(Continued from previous message)

sure there are NO holes that the rock salt can leak into the chicken.

When the rock salt is heated up, move the rock salt a bit to make a dent
in the middle of the rock salt, place chicken into this indentation, and
cover the whole chicken with rock salt.  Make sure that the bottom part
of the chicken does NOT touch the cooking utensil, it has to rest on the
rock salt.  Now place cover on the pot or wok, lower heat to low setting
and leave it to cook.  Usually takes a few hours.  Check the chicken
every hour, when the bottom part of the chicken (nearest to the source
of heat) takes on a bit of a light brown colour, turn the chicken over
and continue to cook.  When that part of the chicken is light brown in
colour, your chicken is cooked.  Take it out of the salt unwrap and
serve over a bed of hot rice with dipping sauce on side.

There is another way to prepare rock salt chicken, it's to dip the
chicken into hot boiling water a few times until the surface of the
chicken looks like it's almost cooked. (It is still raw inside)  Then
after this is done, leave the chicken on a plate until it's pretty much
dry, then put into the rock salt, leave over night and then the next
day, steam said chicken. :)

   - -
  ( - )   [email-masked]
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Bugs Are Sons of Glitches!