Subject: Danish Rodgrod

From: [email-masked] (Lis Petersen-Banfield)
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 00:21:06 GMT

Many people asked for this recipe:
2 cups raspberries
2 cups rhubarb
2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup water
sugar to taste (approx. 1/4 cup, plus)
potato flour (up to 1/4 cup)
1 stick vanilla (optional)
slivered almonds (optional)
heavy cream or whipped cream (optional)

Combine the berries and water in saucepan and simmer until mushy.  
Strain.  To the liquid, add enough sugar to sweeten.  Take off burner.  
Add potato flour a little at a time, using whisk so it won't be lumpy.  
Put back on stove and cook slowly until thick.  You may have to add more 
water if the juice is too heavy in consistency.  When thickened, take of 
the burner; add the fruit pulp and the stick of vanilla.  Cool.  Before 
serving, put a few almonds on the top and cream, if desired.  Remove the 
stick of vanilla.

This may be made with any combination of fruit or with one fruit alone.  
Strawberries, especially, are a favourite by themselves.  This can be 
made with frozen berries, too.  Without the cream, this is a low-cal treat.

Lis Petersen-Banfield

--