Subject: RESULT: rec.food.drink.tea passes 333:31

From: [email-masked] (Brennan T. Price)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 16:36:42 -0400

RESULT
           unmoderated group rec.food.drink.tea passes 333:31

There were 333 YES votes and 31 NO votes, for a total of 364 valid votes.
There were 2 abstentions and 20 invalid ballots.

For group passage, YES votes must be at least 2/3 of all valid (YES and NO)
votes.  There also must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes.

There is a five day discussion period after these results are posted.  If no
serious allegations of voting irregularities are raised, the moderator of
news.announce.newgroups will create the group shortly thereafter.

Newsgroups line:
rec.food.drink.tea      Tea as beverage and culture.

Voting closed at 23:59:59 UTC 4 April 1995.

This vote was conducted by a neutral third party.  For voting
questions only, contact [email-masked].  For questions about the
proposed groups, contact the proponent, Joel Furr <[email-masked]>.

CHARTER

Discussion relating to tea, the world's second most consumed beverage
(after water), made by infusing or boiling the leaves of the tea plant (C.
sinensis or close relatives) in water.  Discussions of herbal teas (e.g.
chamomile, sassafras, etc.) are also approved, but this newsgroup should
NOT be used for advertising herbal tea products or discussing tea as
anything other than a beverage.  Tea-as-medicine discussions should take
place in misc.health.alternative.

rec.food.drink.tea Final Vote Ack

Voted Yes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                        Laura Gridley
[email-masked]                                         John D. Lilly
[email-masked]                                        Howard Sinberg
[email-masked]                                    Deboarh Schroeder
[email-masked]                                        Barry Jarrett
[email-masked]                                          Roy Gunnar Ovrebo
[email-masked]                                            A. M. Wall
[email-masked]                                                  Aaron Priven
[email-masked]                                                James Fischer
[email-masked]                                                   Eric Olson
[email-masked]                                       Albert Cheng
[email-masked]                                              Ambrose Li
[email-masked]                                       Anne L.S. Daniels
[email-masked]                                                   Adrian Shaw
[email-masked]                                               Alan Simpson
[email-masked]                                  Alejandro de Acosta
[email-masked]                                     Al Fargnoli
[email-masked]                            Andreas Kabel
[email-masked]                                     Allison Kanipe
[email-masked]                                                        Alan Holt
[email-masked]                                          Iain Bowen
[email-masked]                                            Angela West Pedrao
[email-masked]                                            Anniqa Tjernlund
[email-masked]                                 Anton van Woerkom
[email-masked]                                                 April White
[email-masked]                                          Alan Ralph
[email-masked]                                               Michelle Dick
[email-masked]                                   Arthur Chance
[email-masked]                                                     Adam Tate
[email-masked]                                                       Ates Dagli
[email-masked]                                                    Jim Ault
[email-masked]                                         Michael Auslin
[email-masked]                                       Artur V. Velez Grilo
[email-masked]                                               Bjorn Hermans
[email-masked]                                           Ed Bailey
[email-masked]                                              Barry Twycross
[email-masked]                                         Brian Kingsbury
[email-masked]                                        Ed Beheler
[email-masked]                                           Barry Hall
[email-masked]                                              Eric B. Martin
[email-masked]                                            Barry Miller
[email-masked]                                                 Bob McCabe
[email-masked]                                       Kai Birger Nielsen
[email-masked]                                             Andreas Bogk
[email-masked]                                     Bonnie Cooper
[email-masked]                                                     Michael Borek
[email-masked]                                          Niels Olof Bouvin
[email-masked]                                         Brian P Betty
[email-masked]                                Brian Piersel
[email-masked]                                      Brent Wetters
[email-masked]                                              Barbara Ling
[email-masked]                                                   Annie Washburn
[email-masked]                                                     William Denton
[email-masked]                                     Aliza R. Panitz
[email-masked]                                       Judith Bush
[email-masked]                                                         Bic Wood
[email-masked]                                             James Byford
[email-masked]                                Alexander Eichener
[email-masked]                                      Stephen Carney
[email-masked]                                      Charles E. Carroll
[email-masked]                                         Caroline Christian
[email-masked]                                                  Chris Holst
[email-masked]                                   Jennifer Kitchen
[email-masked]                                    Chris Fang-Yen
[email-masked]                                      Billy Chambless
[email-masked]                                           Dan Roth
[email-masked]                                      Colin McCaffrey
[email-masked]                          Chrisopher McConnell
[email-masked]                                    Diane Barlow Close
[email-masked]                                         Chris Stamper
[email-masked]                                        Carsten Muencheberg
[email-masked]                               Charles E. Miller
[email-masked]                                                  Carl Mueller
[email-masked]                                        Lynda J. Ekins
[email-masked]                                            Deborah Conrad
[email-masked]                                       James Crawford
[email-masked]                                              Wade L. Scholine
[email-masked]                                      Michelle Tourigny
[email-masked]                                          David H. Klatte
[email-masked]                                           DAVID JAMES FORD
[email-masked]                                             Dan Rothschild
[email-masked]                                         Darla Millsap
[email-masked]                                    David Brazendale
[email-masked]                                          David Sternlight
[email-masked]                                                 Bill Davidsen
[email-masked]                                                   Dawn Repasky
[email-masked]                                            Doug Bigwood
[email-masked]                                                  Doug Dickson
[email-masked]                                     Deena Deese Kilmon.
[email-masked]                                     Deanna Light
[email-masked]                                  David B. Feland
[email-masked]                                            Jonathan Delatizky
[email-masked]                                               Denise Rounds
[email-masked]                                    Dennis M. Fernkes
[email-masked]                                            Dennis Paul Himes
[email-masked]                                                 Daniel Odom
[email-masked]                                               Dave Filippi
[email-masked]                                                   Dan Hartung
[email-masked]                                             David Hogan
[email-masked]                                      Dmitriy N. Vasilev
[email-masked]                                           Dennis Murphy
[email-masked]                                     Carol Donaghey
[email-masked]                                       Lynn Speer
[email-masked]                                                  David M. Tate
[email-masked]                                       Deanna Toxopeus
[email-masked]                                             Susan Dunavant
[email-masked]                                     Emilio A. Anteliz
[email-masked]                                                        Ed Hall
[email-masked]                                 Edward Kilsdonk
[email-masked]                                             Eli Castro
[email-masked]                                 Ellen Keyne Seebacher
[email-masked]                                                    Rick Ellis
[email-masked]                                     Ellen Smith
[email-masked]                               Elizabeth R Vanderven
[email-masked]                                                 Fumiko Miura
[email-masked]                                             Mark Forman
[email-masked]                                             Eric Foster
[email-masked]                                      Fernando Piquero
[email-masked]                                      Greg Franklin
[email-masked]                                     Tom Frenkel
[email-masked]                                   Dick Frye
[email-masked]                                                    Francis Uy
[email-masked]                                                        Felix Yen
[email-masked]                                  Geoffrey Bridge
[email-masked]                                        Jani Poijarvi
[email-masked]                                           Greg Owen
[email-masked]                                                    Greg Grieve
[email-masked]                                        Geoffrey Newman
[email-masked]                                             Gunars Lucans
[email-masked]                                               Matthew Hall
[email-masked]                                            Diana Hamilton
[email-masked]                                                   G. M. Lupo
[email-masked]                               Doug Harple
[email-masked]                                                   J. R. Harvey
[email-masked]                                Helmut Geyer
[email-masked]                                          Hanna Graeffe
[email-masked]                                      Henning Holtschneider
[email-masked]                                                 Irene J. Sorokolit
[email-masked]                                           Ilana Stern
[email-masked]                                         John Cosby
[email-masked]                                          Ingo Groger
[email-masked]                                      Irene Greftegreff
[email-masked]                                              Irina Rempt
[email-masked]                                                        Irfan Umar
[email-masked]                                                  Iwen Li
[email-masked]                                              John Yeates
[email-masked]                                   Jennifer Allen
[email-masked]                                       Richard Jacobs
[email-masked]                                                  Joe Admire
[email-masked]                                                 Mark James
[email-masked]                                   Jennifer Bunce
[email-masked]                                                 J.D. Falk
[email-masked]                                                    Jason Durbin
[email-masked]                                            Jer Johnson
[email-masked]                                               Jessica Rosario
[email-masked]                                                 Janet Gilbert
[email-masked]                                             Jordan Kovacs
[email-masked]                                Jeffrey Lampert
[email-masked]                                                  John Madritch
[email-masked]                                             James McGarry
[email-masked]                                             Jim Newkirk
[email-masked]                                  Jo Ann Malina
[email-masked]                                                 Joar Nilsson
[email-masked]                                                  Krister Joas
[email-masked]                                                  Cindy Johnston
[email-masked]                                                 Joern Hagerup
[email-masked]                                              John Mackin
[email-masked]                                                 Jon Mauney
[email-masked]                                                   Trevor Tymchuk
[email-masked]                                   Jon Ivar Skullerud
[email-masked]                               Jane Elizabeth Patterson
[email-masked]                                            Jon Pennycook
[email-masked]                                      Jesse Vincent
jshaw@.sensemedia.net                                                 Joe Shaw
[email-masked]                                              John Sylva
[email-masked]                                Judy Colwell
[email-masked]                                    Julie Zellner
[email-masked]                                        Karen Baker
[email-masked]                                   Kathryn Courtney
[email-masked]                                       Kenneth Herron
[email-masked]                                   Kirk Steffensen
[email-masked]                                             Kia Mennie
[email-masked]                                                       Jeff Krebs
[email-masked]                              Krister Lindmark
[email-masked]                                             Jerry Krupnick
[email-masked]                                        Martin Schr"oder
[email-masked]                                        Chris Chung
[email-masked]                                             Larry Rice
[email-masked]                                                Sara Larson
[email-masked]                                               Lucien B. Campbell
[email-masked]                                          Lee Katman
[email-masked]                                                   Lewis Malakoff
[email-masked]                                            Lauren Benevich
[email-masked]                                                Lidija Filipcic.
[email-masked]                                      Linda Cunningham
[email-masked]                         Leslie Paul Davies
[email-masked]                                      Luciano Mannucci
[email-masked]                                           Laura Johnson-Kelly
[email-masked]                                                 MICHAEL CHARY
[email-masked]                                   Andrew G. Malis
[email-masked]                               Bharati Mandapati
[email-masked]                                                   Paul Manzo.
[email-masked]                                             Marjorie Rosen
[email-masked]                                             Mark Moraes
[email-masked]                                               Mark Lanigan
[email-masked]                                       Martin Higham
[email-masked]                                           Matthew J. Keller
[email-masked]                                                     Meeta Sarin
[email-masked]                                   Robert Metchev
[email-masked]                                                    Mary Gubbels
[email-masked]                                                 Mike Hatz_
[email-masked]                                     Mike Chapman
[email-masked]                                                 Monee C. Kidd
[email-masked]                                                Manisha Chandra
[email-masked]                                               Mike Knell
[email-masked]                                  Melissa Warden
[email-masked]                                            Michael Sattler
[email-masked]                                            Mary Ann Sullivan
[email-masked]                                         Ben Tzion Munitz
[email-masked]                                      Cameron Parish
[email-masked]                                             Nanette Blanchard
[email-masked]                                          Nathan K Edel
[email-masked]                                            Neil Dunbar
[email-masked]                                             Arlen Nemec
[email-masked]                                       Nick Perry
[email-masked]                                               Nick Avery
[email-masked]                                                     Noel Hunt
[email-masked]                                          Nancy M. Sauer
[email-masked]                                                      Nathan Zook
[email-masked]                                            Olaf Laczak
[email-masked]                                                Olivier Muller
[email-masked]                                  Peter Brady, Jr.
[email-masked]                                            Paul de Saussure
[email-masked]                                             Paul Dundas
[email-masked]                                  Peter Boorman
[email-masked]                                           Peter Rohleder
[email-masked]                                                   Peter Campbell
[email-masked]                                            Peter Washburn
[email-masked]                                            Elise Petersen
[email-masked]                                                   Patricia Hill
[email-masked]                                               Pete Humble
[email-masked]                                          Nicolas Point
[email-masked]                                                 Ted Pottle
[email-masked]                                      Timothy Prodin
[email-masked]                                                Peter Kocourek
[email-masked]                                                  Robert King
[email-masked]                                       Richard Dankovcik
[email-masked]                                               James Richmond
[email-masked]                                                     Rich Simons
[email-masked]                                                Richard Miller
[email-masked]                                         Jeff Lehman
[email-masked]                                                  Ruth M. Sylte
[email-masked]                                   April Cunningham
[email-masked]                                     Rowan Fairgrove
[email-masked]                                                  Ray Sanders
[email-masked]                                             Robert Smits
[email-masked]                                      Robert Tusler
[email-masked]                                              J. Rufinus
[email-masked]                             Russell Schulz
[email-masked]                                              Sascha Regh
[email-masked]                                                    Steve Harris
[email-masked]                                       Karina Sauna-aho
[email-masked]                                Stephan Schulz
[email-masked]                                          D. A. Scocca
[email-masked]                                                  Scott Van Note
[email-masked]                                         Hans Olof Johansson
[email-masked]                                         Stefan Eggers
[email-masked]                                          Steve Fenster
[email-masked]                                             Michael Shields
[email-masked]                                                   Gary Shinner
[email-masked]                                         Stephen Hinton
[email-masked]                                                 Kimberly Long
[email-masked]                                                 Richard Simon
[email-masked]                                         Doug Sheppard
[email-masked]                                        Stephan J. Potchatek
[email-masked]                                   Sarah Krupnick
[email-masked]                                           Steven Meece
[email-masked]                                                     Sue Ford.
[email-masked]                                          Brad Beck
[email-masked]                                          David Dawson
[email-masked]                                           Sonia St-Germain
[email-masked]                                             Steve Lamont
[email-masked]                                               S.P.Zeidler
[email-masked]                                                   Sheryl Moore
[email-masked]                                            John Payne
[email-masked]                                          Noreen Palazzo
[email-masked]                                     Stan Uffner
[email-masked]                                                Jeff Piazza
[email-masked]                                       Stephanie Deter
[email-masked]                                         Stephen R. Savitzky
[email-masked]                                            Victor Stevko
[email-masked]                                          Henrik Storner
[email-masked]                  Stuart Kohler
[email-masked]                                            Sue Manning
[email-masked]                                     Susan Bovair
[email-masked]                                     Susan Tkachick
[email-masked]                                            Nicholas Sylvain
[email-masked]                                            Glenn R. Stone
[email-masked]                   Mary Talmadge-Grebenar
[email-masked]                                           Francis Tan Cheow Chen
[email-masked]                                                  Ted Jones
[email-masked]                                           Edward Bertsch
[email-masked]                           Dave Montuori
[email-masked]                                                 Todd Ellner
[email-masked]                                                 Tom Kong
[email-masked]                                                Terry Hoffman
[email-masked]                                                T.J. Barrett
[email-masked]                                       Thomas G. Kucera
[email-masked]                                                      Tony Shepps
[email-masked]                                             Jeff Hanson
[email-masked]                                                      Tom Acree
[email-masked]                                                   Tom Randulff
[email-masked]                                                Chris Trimble
[email-masked]                                             Theodore W. Leung
[email-masked]                                              Sig Porter
[email-masked]                                          T. P. Uschanov
[email-masked]                                            Mark Stryker
[email-masked]                                    Vera Choi
[email-masked]                                  Victor Gordon
[email-masked]                                 Vicki Merriman
[email-masked]                                              WAYNE W. LUI
[email-masked]                                                William Beegle
[email-masked]                                               William Chang
[email-masked]                                                Howard Weiss
[email-masked]                                              Craig Werner
[email-masked]                                                       Wing Ng
[email-masked]                                  William Saunders Hay
[email-masked]                                            Hal Yamaguchi
[email-masked]                                               Fai Yeung
[email-masked]                                            Yiqian Xu
[email-masked]                                                    Yoshi Uchida
[email-masked]                                Margie Culbertson-McCaskey
[email-masked]                                                    Adam Turoff

Voted No
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                          Karl Krech.
[email-masked]                                             Vincent Archer
[email-masked]                                                  Josh Atkins
[email-masked]                                          Stefan AHlqvist
[email-masked]                                          Nancy Blechman
[email-masked]                                    Martin H. Booda
[email-masked]                                        David W. Dockter
[email-masked]                                       Leonard Charest
[email-masked]                                          Christian Much
[email-masked]                                             Chris Koenigsberg
[email-masked]                                                 Chris Clake
[email-masked]                                               Christopher Ward
[email-masked]                                    David Crawford
[email-masked]                                            Andrea Maranhao
[email-masked]                                       Lynnette Edrington
[email-masked]                                         Eliza Chu
[email-masked]                                           Christopher Estep
[email-masked]                                                   Emery Lapinski
[email-masked]                                 Jeff Murphy
[email-masked]                                                     Jody C Patilla
[email-masked]                                             Luis A. Rodriguez
[email-masked]                                     Maurizio Codogno
[email-masked]                                             Michael Quinlan
[email-masked]                                                     Maria Nekam
[email-masked]                                          Nick Ingegneri
[email-masked]                                   Patrick J. LoPresti
[email-masked]                                    Michelle Mader
[email-masked]                                           Phillip Hodgson
[email-masked]                                                     Rick Miale
[email-masked]                                        Christina Craft
[email-masked]                                               Tracy Allard

Abstained
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                                 M Mike Taksar
[email-masked]                                     M. "teatotaler" Otto

Votes in error
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                          L.A. Caskey
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                            Jim Barnes
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                        Scott Burgess
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                           Darin J. Keener
   ! Conflicting votes
[email-masked]      Iningo Montello. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
   ! No real name given
[email-masked]                                              Doug Goldin
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                         Sue Coffey
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                               James S. Leipic
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                                  KarenS4444
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]
   ! No name given
[email-masked]                                                   [email-masked]
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                     Margaret Bayless
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                                Martin Kaye
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                         David
   ! No real name given
[email-masked]                                     Lyon De Goute
   ! No real name given
[email-masked]                                       Doug Smith
   ! No vote statement in message
[email-masked]                                                      Terence Wu
   ! Conflicting votes
[email-masked]                                            Yavuz
   ! No real name given

--Brennan T. Price, UVV
  Running UseVote 3.0