Subject: CFV: rec.food.chocolate

From: [email-masked] (Warren Lavallee)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 13:58:51 -0400

FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
                     unmoderated group rec.food.chocolate

Newsgroups line:
rec.food.chocolate	Chocolate.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 28 April 1995.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party.  For voting
questions only contact Warren Lavallee <[email-masked]>.  For
questions about the proposed group contact Steven Katz
<[email-masked]>.

DISTRISBUTION

This CFV has been cross-posted to:
  rec.food.cooking, alt.food, alt.food.professionals, alt.food.chocolate,
  rec.food.historic

CHARTER

The proposed unmoderated newsgroup rec.food.chocolate will be open to
discussions on all topics related to eating and making chocolate such as:

       - cooking techniques
       - recipes
       - history
       - folklore
       - source recommendations

The proposed unmoderated newsgroup rec.food.chocolate will be open to
for-sale postings.

Upon creation of rec.food.chocolate, alt.food.chocolate should be
removed.

A favorable FAQ has already begun in alt.food.chocolate.  It is hoped
that
this FAQ will now be maintained in rec.food.chocolate.

The popularity of alt.food.chocolate (available only to a fraction of the
total number of sites) would appear to warrant the creation of a
similarly
chartered group within the widely available "big-7" hierarchy.

HOW TO VOTE

Send MAIL to:   [email-masked]
Just Replying should work if you are not reading this on a mailing list.

Your mail message should contain one of the following statements:
      I vote YES on rec.food.chocolate
      I vote NO on rec.food.chocolate
      I vote ABSTAIN on rec.food.chocolate
      I CANCEL my vote on rec.food.chocolate

Neither ABSTAIN nor CANCEL messages are counted as votes; they serve
only to cancel any previous vote. Abstentions are noted in the final
vote list, whereas CANCEL removes your vote from that list entirely.
(This is the only difference between the two.)

Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program.  The
votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.

If you later change your mind you may vote again; only your last valid
vote will count.

Standard Guidelines for voting apply: no more than one vote per person,
no more than one vote per account. If you attempt multiple votes or
other vote fraud, all your votes may be canceled and your name published.

The complete vote list will be posted with the vote result, including
how each person voted. Note that Usenet votes are not done by secret
ballot.

There will then be a five-day period during which the published vote
list may be corrected and any irregularities addressed. The
requirements for group creation are 100 more YES votes than NO votes,
and 2/3 of all counted votes being YES.