Subject: Re: he history og garlic?

From: [email-masked] (Pentti Arvela)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 14:37:36 GMT

Why do you not read the book "Valloittava Valkosipuli" by Kaisa Ahomaa-
Krogell available unfortunately only in Finnish. I believe that its origin
is somewhere in Sibiria and the first text was created about 3000 b.Chr.
In the papyros of Ebers (1550 bChr.) was about 800 recepies and in 22 of
them was garlic mentioned. Why did you ask??

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 17 May 1993 16:19:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Pentti Arvela) writes:
>Krogell available unfortunately only in Finnish. ....

Well, that's why.  

Finnish is a neat language, but most of us don't know it.

Dorothy J. Heydt
UC Berkeley
[email-masked]

Disclaimer:  UCB and the Cozzarelli lab are not responsible for my
opinions, and in fact I don't think they know I have any.