Subject: Q: History of Cidre?

From: [email-masked] (ELMAR VOGT)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1993 09:53:25 GMT

Greetings unto all!

A few questions concerning _cidre_ (the french apple wine) and its relation 
to the middle ages.

So: How old is cidre? Was it drunk during the middle ages?
What's its history? (I reckon it won't go back as far as grape wine?)
How is it made the 'traditional' way? (Casks? Bottles? Bags?)
...and whatever you know about it.

Thanks in advance for your help to an old drunkard... :-)

	Skaol, Elmar

***************************************************************
* Elmar Vogt / Abt. Experimentelle Physik / University of Ulm *
* P.O. Box 4066 / W-7900 Ulm / Germany / [00]49+731/502-3026  *
* [email-masked]			       *
* [email-masked]			       *
***************************************************************
*		   Non In Ferre Vis, Sed In Carnem  (T. Doom)  *
***************************************************************