Subject: re: food vs. notfood

From: [email-masked] (JOHN BARR (HSLC))
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 02:52:01 GMT

Just briefly, the only place that comes to mind that you might check
is a book called Unmentionable Cuisine by Calvin Schwabe
He's a sort of food anthropologist who examines what other
cultures eat that we consider notfood (bugs, certain parts of 
certain animals, etc). The book was reprinted in 1979 by
U. of VA press and may still be in print.
I will go some way in answering your question but does not 
address it directly.  In any case, it's a fun read.

John Barr
Health Sciences Libraries Consortium 
Philadelphia, PA
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lenore Levine)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 14:39:06 GMT

>Health Sciences Libraries Consortium 

There's also a book on the subject by Marvin Harris. I forget
the name.