Subject: "Dining By Rail"

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1993 16:35:11 EDT

If you are at all interested in rail car dining througout the history
of the railroad system in the US look for "Dining By Rail" by
James D. Porterfield (ISBN 0-312-08768-3).  For about $35 it documents
the history of rail car dining and provides endless recipes that I think
anyone can do at home.  I'm from the author's area and just went to
a book signing where the author and a local chef (in order) talked about
and demonstrated some very very yummy recipes.  In addition it's a hard cover
book and makes a nice gift (my parents bought the book for me!).  It might

be in your library so if you're interested in the subject, take a look.
Also, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who tries any of the
recipes and what they think.

Mary C. Wheeland

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 20:57:36 EDT

I haven't seen the book yet, but I heard the author on a local radio talk
show, and it sounded very interesting.  Apparently there are photos from the
days when trains were elegant.  Paula