Subject: Re: Turkish coffee

From: Tony Roder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 15 Jun 1993 10:56:23 PST

Here is how I make it, as I learned to make it long ago and far away:

Per person:
One demitasse of water
One tsp. of finely ground (talcum powder consistency) dark-but-not-black
    roasted coffee
One tsp. of sugar

Put it all into a pot that has a broad bottom, a narrow top, and a long
    handle (usually made out of copper and tinned on the inside).
Stirring constantly, bring it up to a boil, i.e. until it rises; remove from
    heat; skim off the foam and put it into the cup(s); repeat the heating and
    rising and skimming process three times; pour the liquid into the cup(s).
Serve, but allow to sit for a minute or two before drinking so that the
    grounds can settle at the bottom of the cup.

Do not make more than 2-4 cups per batch.  Sip until you reach the grounds.
Swirl the remainder and turn the cup upside-down in the saucer; those who
know how, can read your fortune in the patterns that are formed on the
sides of the cup.

Enjoy.

-----------------------------------
Tony Roder, speaking his mind .....