Subject: Re: Want to know history of cheesecake

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Bloch)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 14:35:17 GMT

[email-masked] (Jane Beckman) writes:
>I've
>actually *made* Anne Bolynn's recipe for cheesecake (yes, it is
>preserved in a collection of royal documents in England), and can
>attest that it's not too different from the more "cake-y" versions
>of cheesecake (the baked variety), though it's heavy on almond
>flour, which gives it a nice redolence of almonds.  

Is this available in print?  Or can you post it?

BTW, Jane, I tried reaching you by email and couldn't get through.

-- 
					Stephen Bloch
				    [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jane Beckman)
Date: 14 Jun 93 21:02:25 GMT

>>actually *made* Anne Bolynn's recipe for cheesecake 
>

I'm pretty sure it's been out of print for decades.  It's in a
book called "Royal Recipes" published in the 1930's that I got
at a rare cookbook auction, a couple decades ago.  Let me get
the book from home, and I'll post the recipe.
--
  Jilara   [[email-masked]]

"Every now and then, a big rock falls out of the sky, and everyone has 
a *very bad* day."  --from the PBS "Dinosaurs" special.