Subject: Re: using knives and forks

From: [email-masked] (Brian Zimmerman)
Date: 15 Sep 1993 07:09:13 -0500

->People in the UK say (with reference to US eating habits) that it is
->impolite to turn the fork over and use it as a "shovel" for such like
->peas. One should spear them withe the tines and/or mash them on the
->back of the fork.
-
-Wow.  I was taught that mashing or spearing peas was indecorous; one 
-should carefully lift them up with the fork, and corral the last few
-with the help of the knife blade, if needed.  Amazing how people 
-rationalize manners.
-
Then there was my great Uncle who couldn't eat peas without mashed potatoes.
They keep rolling off the knife!

Brian Zimmerman [[email-masked]]    |
Pulse Communications Inc., a division |  "I'm not evil or wicked.  I'm
of Hubbell (not the telescope)        |   just morally challenged."
All opinions are my own, none other   |

---

From: [email-masked] (marcie)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1993 13:56:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Brian Zimmerman) writes...
>They keep rolling off the knife!
Sorry, can't resist:

"I eat my peas with honey...I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife."
author unknown(to me at least)

--------------
marcie