Subject: Andalusian Rice & Lentils

From: [email-masked] (Mark Waks)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1993 20:31:48 GMT

My thanks to everyone who responded to my query about cheese. Now, time
for the next dumb question: what sort of *rice* would be appropriate to
13th century Andalusia? Due to the fact that the feast is this weekend,
I'm probably limited to the basic easy-to-find varieties. But does anyone
know what would be closest? Shorter grain or longer? General glutinousness?
Informed guesses solicited...

Also, even more esoteric: I was rather taken aback, while doing some
shopping research, to discover that there are a *lot* of varieties of
lentils out there -- white, blackish, yellow, oily, dry, you name it!
Anyone have any idea which sorts would have been likeliest in Andalusia?

Thanks much; please email to the address below...

				-- Justin du Coeur
				   [email-masked]

Random Quote du Jour:

"No religion in r.a.c?  You must be joking!  Don't you find yourself on friday
 mornings thinking 'Dear God, Sim be thy name.  Give us this day our Ralph
 Snart, and kicketh Chadwick in the buttocks to write another Concrete.  Yea,
 tho thou maketh me wade through rack and rack of Marvel trash I shall not
 want, for I knowest there be good stuff elsewhere.  And please please please,
 let there be a Kings in Disguise in today.'"
		-- jim