Subject: prehispanic.food.needed

From: lab@polaris (Cuenta huesped Labvis)
Date: 15 Oct 1993 00:41:40 GMT

Hi everyone I'm from mexico and I'm very interested in prehispanic
recipies , Does anyone know one ? any help would be greatly apreciatted.
	And of course I know some of them from the central part of mexico
if you want .
	thanks        omar perez engoron
		      [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (David Friedman)
Date: 16 Oct 1993 03:38:46 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, lab@polaris (Cuenta huesped

> 		      [email-masked]

1. PPC (a British culinary history journal) had an article on what is known
about pre-hispanic New World cooking. I think it was a couple of years ago,
but my copies are home in Chicago and I am not.

2.There is a book called "Cocina PreHispanica  Pre-Hispanic Cooking," by
Ana M. de Benitez,  published by Ediciones Euroamericanas Klaus Thiele,
Perugino 35-1, Mexico 19, D.F. - Mexico. Like the title, the book is
bilingual. It quotes primary sources on the pre-hispanic cooking, but the
actual recipes seem, at a quick glance, to be modern Mexican recipes that
the author believes correspond more or less to what is described.

David Friedman
[email-masked]