Subject: corn

From: [email-masked] (Nicole Peyrefitte)
Date: 18 Aug 93 22:13:00

i am looking for infos on origin of corn -books, articles etc..?
thank you
please post at this group or at my email address.([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (David Wilkinson)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 11:15:42 GMT

>please post at this group or at my email address.([email-masked]) 

There's a book called "Much Depends on Dinner" that's well worth a
read. Published by Penguin, I think. I don't know if it's available in
the USA, though.

In it, the author takes a simple menu, and then describes the history
of each of the ingredients in it, devoting a chapter to each - these
chapters include things like corn, olives, butter, ice-cream, chicken,
etc.

It's very well written, very readable and informative.

If anyone's interested, I can look up the author and ISBN over the
weekend.

Dave W.

-- 
David Wilkinson                                    [email-masked]
Fulcrum Communications Ltd, Fordrough Lane, Birmingham, B9 5LD, ENGLAND

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Barrett)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 18:40:58 GMT

"Much Depends on Dinner" is available in the United States.  It is
by Margaret Visser.
tjb