Subject: Re: Short, Shameful Complexion

From: [email-masked] (Scott Dorsey)
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 01:35:26 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Gretchen Miller <[email-masked]> writes:
>Excerpts from netnews.rec.food.historic: 14-May-94 Short, Shameful
>Complexion by [email-masked] 
>> It has been proved that two-year-old Mac-n-Cheese can be
>>      eaten without ill effects.  I speak from experience.
>
>It has also been proved that two-year-old Mac-n-Cheese can make you
>sick.  I also speak from experience.

One of these people let the product age in the box before cooking it.
One of them let it age after cooking it.  Can you guess which one?
--scott

Lead nitrate: it's a sweetener _and_ a preservative.
-- 
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

---

From: Gretchen Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 14:17:33 -0400

Excerpts from netnews.rec.food.historic: 17-May-94 Re: Short, Shameful
Complexion Scott [email-masked] (691)

> One of them let it age after cooking it.  Can you guess which one?

Scott,

Can you say "Scott is full of it"?  I knew you could.

It's a good idea to read the expiration date on the box.  It may not be
absolute, but it's a good indication of when to throw something out.

toodles, gretchen

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Nolan)
Date: 20 May 1994 05:22:03 GMT

Gretchen Miller ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Excerpts from netnews.rec.food.historic: 17-May-94 Re: Short, Shameful
: Complexion Scott [email-masked] (691)

: > >It has also been proved that two-year-old Mac-n-Cheese can make you
: > >sick.  I also speak from experience.

: > One of these people let the product age in the box before cooking it.
: > One of them let it age after cooking it.  Can you guess which one?

: It's a good idea to read the expiration date on the box.  It may not be
: absolute, but it's a good indication of when to throw something out.

Weeeellllll, I'm not so sure of that.  Did you know that Dinty Moore Beef 
Stew has an expiration on the can?  Well, it does.  Once, I had a can that
expired, so I called the 800 Dinty Moore number to ask if I could still 
eat it.  They told me that the expiration date was just for reference, 
that it would, essentiallty always be "good".  Chow down, they said!!
So I quit eating Dinty Moore Beef Stew, now I only eat SPAM.

-Dave

--
���������������������������������������۲����������������������������������
Dave Nolan         "Space is big. Really big.  You just won't believe
Boston, Ma         how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is.
Voice:             I mean, you may think it's a long way down the
(617) 924-2636     road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts
[email-masked]   to space." -from the Hitchhikers GT the Galaxy
���������������������������������������۲����������������������������������