Subject: Caesar Salad without anchovies ?!?

From: [email-masked] (Robert Hess)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 14:34:46 GMT

I've always maintained that properly done, Caesar Salad is always prepared
at the table, and always includes anchovies. If you don't like anchoives
then don't order a Caesar Salad.

I just read a posting on rec.food.cooking that reports Julia Child in her
"Julia Childs Kitchen" as claiming that while Caeser Salad should be
prepared at the table, the original recipe does -not- include anchovies,
other then those which are in the worshestire sauce.

???

Does anybody have any further information about a 'true' Caesar Salad?

Thanks
-Robert
 __________________________________________________________________________
     #####   ####### |  Robert B. Hess                     Microsoft Corp. 
    ######  #######  |-----------------------------------------------------
   ####### #######   |  >internet:[email-masked]
  #### ##### ####    |  One Microsoft Way; Redmond WA 98052-6399
 ####  ###  ####     |_____________________________________________________
   "...my opinions are strictly my own, and not those of my employer..."