Subject: Medieva?

From: [email-masked] (Donna Bowers)
Date: 1 Nov 1994 01:32:53 GMT

here's the other:
p 65 item 17
for to make appulmos. Nym appelyn & seth hem & lat hem kele & mak hem 
thorw acloth. & on flesch dayes kast therto god fat broyt of bef & god wyte 
grees &sugar & saffroun; & god almande mylk on fysch dayes, oyle de olyue & god
powdres & serue it forthe.

In modern english;
take apples and boil them and then let them cool and put them through a 
cloth.On flesh days put beef broth into the apples and butter and sugar and 
saffron. Good almond milk on fish days and olive oil and good powders and 
serve it forth.

I have taken winesaps, jonathans, granny smitha and macintoshes for this. I
dislike delicious apples as they have no flavor. Core and quarter the apples
and boil until soft. Run them through a food mill, skin and all. ThatÕs where
the taste hides. A food processor works but the texture isnÕt as good. Make
the apples a little stiffer in texture than what you want to end up with. I
have only done the fish day version. I thin the mixture with @ 1/2 cup of
almond milk and a couple of teaspoons of olive oil. I then use ginger,
cinnamon, cubebs and clove to taste. Swirl it up and dish it out.

--
***********************************************
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
 
[email-masked]
 
***********************************************