Subject: Re: Cider press

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Pixley)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 1994 06:18:34 GMT

Robyn C. Reed ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I'm contemplating building a cider press from a five-gallon plastic 
: bucket and some hardware.  Does anyone know of a book with designs or 
: picture of cider presses?
 
I haven't read it (though I think it's still on back order at the crummy 
bookstore where I ordered it 3 years ago), but Anne Proulx (sp?) wrote a 
book called _Sweet_and_Hard_Cider_ that I'm told went into some detail on 
such things as presses, fermenting, even an appendix on distilling as I 
recall.  But good fortune has enlightened me as to where one can find 
this book easily (aside from the library, which might be good if you're 
not into blind faith).

The Association of Brewers (P.O. Box1679, Boulder, CO  80306-1679) 
publishes books on zymurgy, as well as mead making, etc.  Last time I 
checked, you could get the cider book from them for $12-15 US.  Their 
voice number is 303.447.0816, fax 303.447.2825.  Hope this helps.  If you 
get the book and it turns out pretty good, let me know since my interest 
has been picking up again, lately.

Jon
[email-masked]
-- 
      The fool escaped from Paradise will look over his shoulder and cry,
           Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer, "Why?"
                                                              --Marillion