Subject: Re: WHICH CAME FIRST, THE BAR OR THE Q??

From: [email-masked] (doggie)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 23:56:40 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (What a long strange trip it's been) writes:
>BILL HILBRICH, ST. CLOUD, MN ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: OK so maybe this isn't really the What-If newsgroup, but lets
edit
>I propose that what we refer to a barbecue in America, today is the 
>COMBination of several methods of cooking, from different cultures.  
>              
>Lars
>   edit

As long as we are going in for speculation: 
>From the French .."de la barbe `a la que" from the beard to the tail. Relating
to where the spit goes.Again te French barbaque from the Roumainian for Roast
Mutton. (Hey guys, I didn't make this up...look in LaRousse. I still go for
Barbarcon Spainish Device of wooden sticks to hold carcass over the pit of
coals.  
Barbque can be wet, dry, sliced of ground, but when I was in Texas, it was
Sliced Dry Briskey, with Texas toast (plain white bread, thick sliced, not
toasted. 
The best I ever ad was in Chicago, in a place now closed. All dry cooked over
wood, in ens made from steel drums.
doggie