Subject: CFV: rec.food.cooking.{misc,equipment}

From: [email-masked] (Ron "Asbestos" Dippold)
Date: 12 Oct 1994 12:42:31 -0400

FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
	       unmoderated group rec.food.cooking.misc
	     unmoderated group rec.food.cooking.equipment

Newsgroups line:
rec.food.cooking.misc	Food preparation, cooking, methods, techniques & eating. 
rec.food.cooking.equipment	Food equipment, sources, care and repair. 

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 2 November 1994.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party.  For voting
questions only contact [email-masked].  For questions about the
proposed group contact Stephanie da Silva <[email-masked]>

CHARTER

Rationale: Rec.food.cooking has been a very high volume newsgroup for 
the past several years, and the subject of splitting has been brought 
up with a fair amount of regularity.  According to the July arbitron, 
traffic for that month was 4351 articles, which is over 1000 articles 
per week or approximately 145 articles per day.  

Proposal: rec.food.cooking be split into 2 unmoderated groups:

rec.food.cooking.misc
rec.food.cooking.equipment

Charters:

rec.food.cooking.misc (unmoderated)
  For general food and cooking discussion.  Foods of all kinds, food 
  procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.  This newsgroup 
  would replace the existing rec.food.cooking.

rec.food.cooking.equipment (unmoderated)
  For frequently discussed equipment-related topics such as bread machines, 
  microwaves, crockpots, knives, cutting boards, glass-top stoves, barbecues,
  cast iron, woks, Calphalon, aluminum cookware, dehydrators, pasta makers, 
  and rice cookers.  Also for topics such as equipment sources, care and 
  repair, recommended brands of appliances to buy, etc.

HOW TO VOTE

Erase everything above the top "-=-=-=-" line and erase everything
below the bottom "-=-=-=-" line.  Do not erase anything between these
lines and do not change the group names.

Give your name on the line that asks for it. For each group, place a YES or
NO in the brackets next to it to vote for or against it.  If you don't want
to vote on a particular group, just leave the space blank.  Don't worry
about spacing of the columns or any quote characters (">") that your reply
inserts.

Send MAIL to:   [email-masked]
Just Replying should work if you are not reading this on a mailing list.

-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
rec.food.cooking.{misc,equipment} Ballot    <MFCME-0001> (Don't remove)

Give your real name here:

[Your Vote]  Group
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[         ]  rec.food.cooking.misc
[         ]  rec.food.cooking.equipment
-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program.  The
votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.

Only one vote per person, no more than one vote per account.  Addresses and
votes of all voters will be published in the final voting results list.