Subject: Food trends in North America

From: [email-masked] (Martin Plante)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 02:45:12 GMT

I am a food maniac and I decided to write a paper on food trends in North
America since the so-called "Discovery of America" for a class in popular
culture at U of Ottawa.
I am currently looking for books that would be useful for this research.
Can you suggest any?
--
Martin Plante        [email-masked]

---

From: frazier richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 10:36:53 -0600

> I am currently looking for books that would be useful for this research.

Try the following book (many articles as well in his monthly column "A 
Matter of Taste" in *Natural History*--the column ran for many 
years; Sokolov retired from Nat.Hist. recently):
 AUTHOR:     Sokolov, Raymond A.
 TITLE:      Why we eat what we eat : how the encounter between the New
                 World and the Old changed the way everyone on the planet
                 eats / Raymond Sokolov.
 EDITION:    1st Touchstone ed.
 PUBL.:      New York : Touchstone,93 (there is an edition with another 
pub.(?) in 1991.

Richard Frazier
[email-masked]