Subject: Re: Blue wing

From: "T. Phelps" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 03:40:02 GMT

Thanks Jane.  I too now think it was blue wing teal.  It is a dish that 
returns every autumn and he takes blue wing to Williamsburg when he sucks 
up to the Governor.  Byrd definitly ate some strange things like cod sounds 
which is described as the swimming bladder of cod.  It could put 
reenactors off a bit if they were subjected to some of these authentic 
dishes.  <grin>  Tina.

---

From: Robert And Cynthia Chiovoloni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 94 08:12:20 -0500

Jane Beckman <[email-masked]> writes:
 
>I've found cod sounds listed as a favored foodstuff right
>through the mid-19th century.  Of course, then there's
 
To this day, in Languedoc, the residents(or some of them, anyway) eat a dish
prepared with the "tripe" of tuna and peppers. I suppose the french are such
good cooks that they could make even this palatable. I have no burning des
ire to find out , though.