Subject: Re: Native American Food

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 94 05:18:10 EST

IJ>You must have missed thread on Aztec food.

IJ>One source mentioned in that was Native Seeds/SEARCH, a non-profit group
IJ>preserving and promoting seeds and food plants of Southwest US and NW
IJ>Mexico.  Catalog $1: 2509 N. Campbell Ave, #325, Tucson AZ 85719.
IJ>Catalog has more than seeds: also food products, info on Diabetes Project,
IJ>and books on Native American food and other topics.

IJ>Specially recommend books by Carolyn Niethammer, such as American Indian
IJ>Food and Lore.

IJ>Various University presses (Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma) have excellent
IJ>books on the topic, both recipes and food history.

IJ>John Gilkey & Laurel Cooper

Yes, unfortunately I did miss that thread.  I'm relatively new here.  I
am aware of Native Seeds/SEARCH and will meet with them next week
(including the dietician/anthropologist who worked on the Diabetes
Project!)  Thanks for the Niethammer reference...didn't have it yet.

Peace.

--
     * ChefNet BBS - (218) 751-5149 - "The Culinary Center of Cyberspace" *