Subject: Re: Scottish Oat Cakes

From: [email-masked] (Dulcetta)
Date: 25 Sep 1994 21:17:11 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Heather Kelly) writes:

My good
friend is looking for a recipe for Scottish Oat Cakes like her grandmother
made - in a skillet on top of the stove.

Heather -- get, or have your friend get -- a copy of Bernard Clayton's
Complete Book of Breads. Either the first, or the current, revised,
edition, will provide you with some oat recipes that might just do the
trick -- and it's a GREAT book otherwise, too!! Best of luck!

---

From: [email-masked] (David P. Lucey)
Date: 27 Sep 1994 19:31:30 GMT

Dulcetta ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
: (Heather Kelly) writes:

: My good
: friend is looking for a recipe for Scottish Oat Cakes like her grandmother
: made - in a skillet on top of the stove.

: Heather -- get, or have your friend get -- a copy of Bernard Clayton's
: Complete Book of Breads. Either the first, or the current, revised,
: edition, will provide you with some oat recipes that might just do the
: trick -- and it's a GREAT book otherwise, too!! Best of luck!

--
Also there is a book called The Scots Kitchen, which has a number of 
regional recipies(sp?) and is also quite an extraordinary book...

             David  P. Lucey is unforturately [email-masked] or
                                              [email-masked]