Subject: Apollinaris Water

From: [email-masked] (Ray Goddard)
Date: 24 Oct 1994 01:38:03 GMT

Apollinaris water!  Does anyone know anything about it ? This may turn
out to be a literary question.

---

From: [email-masked] (David Cox)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 17:24:00 GMT

> out to be a literary question. 

It is a brand of sparkling mineral water from Germany. Not many stores 
around here (central Virginia, USA) carry it. It is the best sparkling
mineral water I have tasted. It is not low-sodium.

---

From: [email-masked] (Harumi Anne Kuno)
Date: 27 Oct 1994 06:06:23 GMT

>out to be a literary question. 

I have also been curious about Apollinaris water for years, ever since
seeing a reference to it in one of E.F. Benson's charming
``Lucia'' books.  (Lucia mistakes a bit of glass from an Apollinaris
bottle for a Roman relic.)  Have you seen other references to it?
Did it have a ``reputation''?

	thank you,
	Harumi

---

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Bachmann)
Date: 1 Nov 1994 16:14:05 GMT

Ray Goddard ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Apollinaris water!  Does anyone know anything about it ? This may turn
: out to be a literary question. 

It's a German sparkling mineral water. Drinking it is fashion statement
like drinking Perrier. 

Alex
--
[email-masked]