Subject: Re: Klim [was Re: What is "Klik"?]

From: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Aug 1994 17:04:08 GMT

In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jim Parent) writes:
>KLIM (milk spelled backwards) is still marketed in Singapore.  I suspect 
>it's those British colonialists (they of the subtle sense of humor) who 
>left this legency in Singapore.
>
>I guess it could be the same stuff left over from WW II.

It's also available in the US (I got it from the local Asian 
supermarket). I have a can of it on my desk (it's good in coffee). 
The only problem is that it leaves lumps in my coffee :(  The company
which produces it is Borden and the information on the back of the can
in in Spanish and English (maybe Klim is popular in Latin America?).

Chuck
---------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck McCormick,      | "So far as I am able to judge, nothing
Statistical Programmer|  has been left undone, either by man or
[email-masked]    |  nature, to make India the most extra-     
Pop Center, U Maryland|  ordinary country that the sun visits
(301) 405-6406        |  on his rounds."  Mark Twain     
---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Alvin K Liau)
Date: 10 Aug 1994 17:32:06 GMT

>in in Spanish and English (maybe Klim is popular in Latin America?).

I used to drink it every morning in school with my coffee or
in my milo/ovaltine, and I found the secret to be putting
little in at a time and stirring mucho much. This way it seemed
to reduce the tendency for the klim powder to form lumps.

--------------------<<<<<>>>>>--------------------
               Alvin Kienming Liau
          [email-masked]
    "sometimes a scream is better than a thesis"
                     -Emerson
--------------------<<<<<>>>>>--------------------