Subject: Re: Little House Cinnamon Chicken

From: [email-masked] (Zimm Zimmity Zimm)
Date: 1 Nov 1994 17:01:18 GMT

> >In article [email-masked],  [email-masked] (Hank Gillette) writes:
> >>On an episode of the U. S. television program "Little House on the
> >>Prarie", Laura mentions having a recipe for cinnamon chicken. Does anyone
> >>know if this is an authentic dish or just the imagination of a script
> >>writer? If it's real, does anyone have a recipe?

I found this in a bunch of recipe cards discarded by my sister with
'for women FIRST' on it. I'm not sure where it came from.

Cinnamon Chicken

1/2 c flour
2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg
2 Tbs milk
3-lb chicken cut into 8 pieces
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbs oil

Heat oven to 375. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, tumeric and pepper. 
Beat egg and milk. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture. Combine
bread crumbs and remaining flour mixture. Dip chicken into egg and coat
with crumbs. Arrange in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with oil. Bake until
crisp and brown, about 40 minutes. Serves 4.

Laurie                        [email-masked]

Forklaedt som Voksen.         Gid jeg var i Danmark.