Subject: Herbs in medieval brewing...

From: [email-masked] (Rich Bainter)
Date: 17 Nov 1993 10:16:17 -0600

(Note: I didn't set a follow-up since I didn't know which of the groups
would like to discuss this further. If someone feels that this is too
wide a spectrum, please reduce it.)

Good Morning,

   I'm doing a little personal research and I'm interested in finding
out what herbs were used in medieval brewing and why. If it's just for
taste, that's fine, but a lot of things are not used just for taste when
it comes to herbs. I'm sorry I'm being so vague on this, but I don't
even know where to start. As for time-period, I'm looking for
pre-1600's.

   Thanks for any and all assistance!

Ciao,
-- 
Richard Bainter      | "I want to be called COTTONTIPS. There is something 
Phelim Utred Gervas  |  graceful about that lady. A young woman bursting with 
Pug                  |  vigor. She blinked at the sudden light. She writes
[email-masked] |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"

---

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer Lucille Dunajski)
Date: 19 Nov 1993 17:59:08 GMT

Rich Bainter ([email-masked]) wrote:

:    I'm doing a little personal research and I'm interested in finding
: out what herbs were used in medieval brewing and why. If it's just for
: taste, that's fine, but a lot of things are not used just for taste when
: it comes to herbs. I'm sorry I'm being so vague on this, but I don't
: even know where to start. As for time-period, I'm looking for
: pre-1600's.

-i would suggest trying rec.crafts.brewin