Subject: Re: Help with Medieval Meals!

From: [email-masked] (Laurie Brandt)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 21:59:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
wrote:

Greetings Geoff' one I have found I donot need to ad salt to any of these
concoctions, even though the recipie calls for it. for those who are on low
or no salt diets.
>From to the Kings Tast by Larna J. Sass, p 75 
  Boiled Garlic, very sweet, adictive tast.

Dining With William Shakespear, by Madge Lowin, p. 370-371 
  To  make Cheese cakes
Wonderful stuff. on the recipie for pastry use 1/4 C. insetad of 1/2D. I
substute rose water for vinallia, I have had knights fight over the last
pieces of this dish the next morning, surve hot or cold.

Playn Delit by Constance B. Hieatt and Sharon Butler, no 81
  81 Great Pyes, Great tourney fair, keeps very well in the ice chest on
hot days.
 
 Good eating
Laurie/
Pegasus Devona
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Laurie E. W. Brandt | [email-masked] (if you need to send an
enclouser)|
| aka Pegasus         | [email-masked]                          
   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (David Friedman)
Date: 15 Dec 1993 05:02:02 GMT

[email-masked] (** Kersti Doll **) wrote:

> When I was attending SCA feasts, I usually took along some bread, either
> big loaves (not squared) or bread sticks and some herb butter (mix some
> herbs of choice ie parsley or whatever with some softened butter) and
> some honey and cinnamon butter (mix honey and cinnamon to taste with
> softened butter). 

Simple and tasty, and popular in the SCA, but is there any evidence that
such things are period?
-- 
David Friedman
[email-masked]