Subject: RFD: rec.food.misc

From: [email-masked] (Sean P. Ryan)
Date: 9 Jan 1994 22:49:51 -0500

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to create a new
newsgroup.  It is to be called rec.food.misc.  It is to be
unmoderated.

All follow-up discussion is to take place in news.groups.  If you do
not have news.groups at your site, you may e-mail your comments to
either [email-masked] or [email-masked].
Please *DO NOT* e-mail comments saying nothing more than "I support
the creation of this group;"  the time for that will come during the
voting stage, tentatively scheduled to begin in 30 days.

Please note further that this newsgroup proposal is not intended to
intrude upon or impede in any way the current proposal to create the
newsgroup rec.food.veg.cooking.

PURPOSE - The newsgroup rec.food.misc would be for discussion of all
matters related to food that are not discussed in other newsgroups in
the rec.food.* hierarchy.

RATIONALE - Currently, there is no newsgroup for general discussion of
food on Usenet.  The only current alternative is the alt.food.*
hierarchy, which is plagued by being in alt.* and suffering from
erratic propagation.  Without a general discussion newsgroup, the only
alternative is to continue creating alt.food.* sub-groups, which for
the most part are assured of limited readership.

CONTENT - Appropriate discussion in rec.food.misc would include
anything not covered in another newsgroup in the rec.food.* hierarchy.  
This applies to the present time, as well as any future additions to
the hierarchy which may be made.

This RFD is being issued as per the advice of "How To Create a New 
Usenet Newsgroup," popularly referred to as "The Guidelines", and
posted regularly to news.announce.new{groups,users}.  Please refer to
this article if you have any questions about the newsgroup creation
process.
-- 
(quickie .signature follows - 4 lines, even!)
Sean P. Ryan, [email-masked], [email-masked]
P.O. Box 202964, Anchorage, AK  99520-2964
"I love you, you love me, Armenian genocide fnord Turkey."