Subject: FTP Site for Medieval Recipes

From: [email-masked] (Ellen Kessler)
Date: 14 Feb 1994 01:13:07 -0500

I just did an archie search for medieval and found some interesting
recipes.  But, when I tried to get them by ftp, I got the message that the
host was unknown.

Archie said (unless I'm reading it wrong, which is a good possibility)
that the computer was called: ft.jp.  I tried ftp ft.jp and ftp ftp.ft.jp,
neither worked.

The path for the files are:  /ry/obi/HMrecipes/TheRecipes

Anyone recognize this? Or know any other sites?  If so, how can I get there?

Thanks for your help.

Ellen

-- 
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  .  Ellen Kessler		         . - But I can't go on like this! .
  .  [email-masked]	      	         . - Would you like a radish?     .
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

---

From: [email-masked] (Frank Young)
Date: 14 Feb 1994 14:08:33 GMT

>Anyone recognize this? Or know any other sites?  If so, how can I get there?

Yes. "obi" stands for the on-line book initiative, a repository echoed at 
a number of sites. I ftp to world.std.com and descend to the directory 
obi. You will find your materials there, in the subdirectory 
HM.recipes/TheRecipes [note the dot after HM].

-- 
                            Regards, Frank Young

  Internet: [email-masked]              Telephone: 703-532-6284
Address: 6166 Leesburg Pike, Suite B-12, Falls Church, Virginia 22044-2343

---

From: [email-masked] (Pat Churchill)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 05:10:20 GMT

> Anyone recognize this? Or know any other sites?  If so, how can I get there?

1.  Starting Archie Search, patience......
      2.  unix.hensa.ac.uk:..pub/uunet/doc/literary/obi/HM.recipes/TheRecipes//
      3.  ftp.uu.net:/doc/literary/obi/HM.recipes/TheRecipes//
      4.  world.std.com:/obi/HM.recipes/TheRecipes//

That's the result of an archie search I did. I tried the
unix.hensa.ac.uk one and there's a medieval pork pie, med sweet and
sweet fish (??) plus dozens of other recipes for all manner of things
(not medieval unless Knotts Berry farm was open and making cookies
then ;-) )
-- 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            The floggings will continue until morale improves              
    [email-masked]  Pat Churchill, Wellington New Zealand     
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::