Subject: prenatal diets

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Bloch)
Date: 10 Jan 1994 15:43:27 -0500

The following was posted on the Medieval Sciences list (MEDSCI-L), and
the poster asked me to ask rec.food.historic.  She doesn't get this
group, so if you have information please mail her directly (as well as
posting here, so the rest of us know too :-).

>Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 07:13:49 -0800 (PST)
>From: Anita Guerrini <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: prenatal diet
>
>Does anyone on the list know of references to the proper diet during
>pregnancy ca 1700 or before?  By 1800 a"light, cooling" diet was recommended
>(See Lewis, _In the Family Way_) but I have a feeling this was not the
>norm a century earlier.  Any help much appreciated.  Anita Guerrini,
>UC-Santa Barbara, [email-masked]
-- 
					Stephen Bloch
				     [email-masked]