Subject: Maya Vegitables: Anyone?

From: [email-masked] (Jay James)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 18:05:47 GMT

Has anybody tried any of the ancient Maya vegitables and grains (the one
that starts with an "A" and was used in human sacrifices).  I've heard the
seed scientists are trying to reintroduce them.

-- 
Jay James <[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked] (Keith F. Lynch)
Date: 11 Feb 1994 18:42:25 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, Jay James <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Has anybody tried any of the ancient Maya vegitables and grains (the
> one that starts with an "A" and was used in human sacrifices).  I've
> heard the seed scientists are trying to reintroduce them.

I think you mean Amaranth.  And Aztecs, not Maya.  I've been eating
Amaranth for years.  It's a small white grain.  Good stuff.  It's said
to be much higher in lysine, an essential amino acid, than any other
grain.
-- 
Keith Lynch, [email-masked]

f p=2,3:2 s q=1 x "f f=3:2 q:f*f>p!'q  s q=p#f" w:q p,?$x\8+1*8