Subject: Chocolate

From: [email-masked] (Michael Johnston -- Michael's Music Service)
Date: 29 Jan 1994 01:38:03 GMT

>and birthdays.  Chocolate candy is also known as a "comfort
>food," because it is often eaten to ease the "blues" or
>other negative feelings.  Special chocolate gifts often
>carry the names of the great world chocolatiers and sell for
>up to $25 per pound.  These truffles, creams, nougats,
>cordials, and fruits, and so forth are the domain of the
>venerable houses of See, Fannie Mae, Tobler, Kron, Godiva
>and many other boutique manufacturers who guard their
>recipes as if they were state secrets.   

Hi, Marty.  Nice article.  The $25/pound is low for some chocolates, though.
I've paid $49/pound for Belgian "dairy" chocolates flown into NYC on the
Concorde.  They do not last long and don't take bumping well.  

My favorite Belgian was Corne, which is now gone away permanently.  It was
$29 - $35 / pound 8 years ago.  Neuhaus "claims" to have taken over the
recipes; huh-uh, no way.

FWIW, cocoa is a pretty common ingredient in chili, partly for color and
partly for balance.

Cheers!
Michael

[email-masked]
-- 
MICHAEL'S MUSIC SERVICE | CIS: 70731,3403 |----------| Organ Music Our Specialty
4146 Sheridan Drive     | [email-masked] |----------------| John Apple
Charlotte, NC 28205-5654| (704) 567-1066 |--------------------| Michael Johnston
Brother Ambrose, Friars Minor |-------------| Guillaume de Pomme, Maitre d'Orgue