Subject: What are the ingredients

From: [email-masked] (Karl Lembke)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1993 03:37:06 -0800

SFB>Wasn't hasty pudding what Yankee Doodle called sticking a feather in his
cap

"Father and I went down to camp along with Captain Good'n,
 There we saw the men and boys as thick as hasty puddin'.
 Yankee Doodle keep it up...."

The feather in the cap was called macaroni.

 * SLMR 2.1a * Old soldiers never die.  Young ones do.

 * Origin: Salata BBS * Redondo Beach, CA * (310) 543-0439 Fidonet:
(1:102/125)

---

From: [email-masked] (Bayla Singer)
Date: 1 Dec 1993 00:26:10 GMT

>The feather in the cap was called macaroni.

Actually, it's not the feather itself that was 'macaroni' ("the latest
thing in fashion"), but <putting/having it in his cap>.  Today's version
might read "he put a feather in his cap and called it a fashion statement."

--bayla