Subject: Radioactive Glassware

From: [email-masked] (Karl Lembke)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 22:52:02 -0800

>>I imagine the problem would not be so much the food getting poisoned
  >>(remember, some foods are treated with radiation) as it would be the
  >>diner being exposed to the plates for large periods of time.
  >>
  >I read something in the New Yorker a couple of years back stating that
  >the blue Fiesta are contained colbalt.==ML

I wonder how much cobalt would be leaching out.  Possibly
a fairly small amount.  (Maybe even down to the quantities
at which cobalt is a micronutrient.)

Remember, cobalt is not necessarily radioactive.  The main
cause for concern is cobalt-60, a product of Uranium fission.

ML>>--
  >>/\      "This technique probably only makes the difference between
  >>  \_][                serious injury and total disaster."
  >>      \________Ilana Stern dod#009 r.b. cliff swallow
[email-masked]

 * SLMR 2.1a * 8 bits = 1 byte; 4 bits = 1 nibble; 8 nibbles = 1 hickey?

 * Origin: Salata BBS * Redondo Beach, CA * (310) 543-0439 Fidonet:
(1:102/125)